www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:54 pm 

In my 3 years of incontinence I have built up quite a stock of diapers that just didn't work for me. I've tried selling them on Craigslist but got a few "I'm interested!" But they all back out. Any ideas? Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:29 pm 

It's funny that you just mentioned having extra diapers and wondering what to do with them. Just a few hours ago I gave a couple of cases of Tranquility ATN's to a friend of mine that has a handicapped child that needs diapers. She only gets inexpensive institutional type diapers from the state so I was hoping that having some better diapers available might help her out in certain situations.

As for what to do with your extra diapers I'm sure there are some local aid institutions in your area that would love to have any excess diapers or maybe you could give them to Goodwill.

I haven't tried selling any diapers on Craigslist but I have bought some Abenas at extremely good prices off of Craigslist a couple of times and each time had a very positive experience. Interestingly the last time I met with someone selling diapers on Craigslist the lady advertised them as diapers, but they turned out to be pull-ups and I ended up not buying them. She was a caregiver for someone that had recently passed away and even though I didn't buy anything we ended up talking about incontinence and diapers for nearly an hour. It was so nice to speak with someone who really understands what we are dealing with in a totally non-judgmental way and definitely one of my best "diaper experiences".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:39 pm 
Admin

When I build up unneeded supplies, I donate them to my local hospice or a nursing home. They are happy to have them. I usually donate to one particular home. Last time I did, they lady receiving them called them “pampers”. I wasn’t offended. She was grateful. They were Abenas in the wrong size. I had confidry that were too big. I donated 3 1/2 cases to hospice.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:32 am 

Last time I had a bunch of tranquilitys I donated to a organization called DC shares. They provide free medical equipment to low income folks. Maybe I'll do that again. I got an email today about my Craigslist ad and they want to pick them up on Sunday. I emailed them back and haven't heard back. So who knows. Thanks for the suggestions

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:56 am 

most diaper banks also take adult items and are grateful for them

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:27 am 

I've got about 18 unopened packets of Molicare Slip that no longer fit. I tried putting them on Gumtree (selling site in the UK) but nobody is interested in purchasing them. I'm unsure what to do with them. We have a hospices in my town, I haven't approached them yet but I think they won't accept them, here in the UK people who need incontinence pads get them free from the NHS. I thought about taking them to a charity shop but am unable to get them there.. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:38 pm 

Id call the charities and see if they do pick up. Some of the ones in the US do. Maybe they do in the U.K. too. The one I mentioned here in D.C. (D.C. Shares) does pick up. You can even get a tax write off if needed. Someone on Craigslist ended up coming through and buying mine.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:33 am 

So let's make some lemonade here!

I have extra glasses
* Those go to the Lions

I have extra cell phones
* Those to my local women's shelter

I have extra diapers
* They don't work for me, but they might for someone else. Salvation Army?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:29 am 
Admin

How about extra plastic pants?
I got some extra plastic pants that I got from the VA hospital.
Ive thought about giving them to some organization, but not sure which one yet.

Schoppy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:40 am 

Schoppy - what size? 2 of my leakmasters ripped and I need more plastic pants. I can't afford them for awhile on my disability pay and I could take them off your hands!

:D