www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:55 pm 

So ever since I've had to rest wear 24/7 I've been having problems with pants that fit. I've tried going up a size but they are awkward.

My other off topic questions is I'm trying to quit smoking cigarettes I've tried to no avail. Help!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:59 pm 

I wear 24/7 and I've found that loose fit jeans or Dockers in my normal size work well for me. They are generally loose enough to still be discreet but don't feel too big. Skinny jeans, etc. don't work. I wear disposables during the day, and if I have a pair of pants that are a little tighter or more "fitted" I can wear an over-shirt that helps hide any bulges. Hope this helps. I don't know of any easy answers on how to quit smoking, but wish you luck in that area as well.

Jerry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:03 am 

I purchase jeans from Costco in a larger size and they stretch. They are made by Urban Star.

As far as cigarettes, I had a doctor back in 1990 who told me I was gonna die if I didn’t quit. That was the first time a doctor took my smoking seriously. I was so addicted that if I didn’t have the money, I stole them usually at super markets. I just had my second child, so I was worried about my kids even though I started smoking outside. I decided to quit cold turkey as nothing else worked. I almost killed my wife as my temper got really bad. As time went on it got easier and easier to the point where I can’t stand the smell of cigarettes anymore. As a drunk back then, I smoked 3 packs a day.

If I can do it, so can you.

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 am 

I went up a size in a "relaxed fit" Wrangler brand jean and it has worked great for me, even in my thickest diapers. I've heard that some have even tried women's jeans as they typically have more room in the hips. I've never had to go there but it is an option.

Last edited by Padded53 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:54 am 

I found that I had to go up one size in jeans to allow for a diaper but that going up two sizes worked better to conceal a very wet Dry 24/7 diaper with a booster pad. If you looked at me you might think that I have a big bottom but you would not think "diaper."

The shape of the jeans is as important as the size in order to find an acceptable fit and achieve good concealment. I wear Levi's 559 jeans with a Dry 24/7 diaper with a booster pad and plastic pants. The diaper is not noticeable.

Levi 550's can hide about any diaper combination you could think of, including day-weight cloth diapers, but are noticeably more baggy.

I also go up two sizes in Dockers.

Don't forget the old adage - "It's better to bulge than to leak." :D

--John

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:22 am 

Like Bill, I get the "Urban Star" jeans from Costco in one waist size larger than I normally would. They are stretchy and very dark blue which helps for any leaks you may have. I quit smoking many years ago at the insistence of my wife. After many attempts at cold turkey, I finally got it right and I have not regretted it since. Keep trying, it will work.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:54 am 

Hi JusteJ

I to switched to relaxed fit jeans from denver haynes and one size up bur kept the same length in the legs and they have worked great.