www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:44 pm 

I only wear plastic backed molicare slips. I find cloth ones stretch and they become lose.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:15 pm 

I only wear plastic backed, for the same reasons. I haven't found any "cloth-like" disposables that stay in place. plus they don't conceal odors as well as the plastic backed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:39 pm 

Actually both, but It mostly depends on the time of year. Here in Central Florida I find it just too hot & humid for plastic backed diapers so for around 8 months of the year I'll generally wear a cloth backed diaper, then during the other 4 months a plastic backed one. Of course this also depends heavily on what I'll be doing on a particular day, how much protection I think I'll need, or how accessible a bathroom might be, so it can vary a good bit. I've got quite a repertoire of pads, pull-ups, diapers (both cloth and plastic backed), and PUL plastic pants (side-snap and pull-on) that will pretty much get me through any situation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:23 am 

I tried cloth backed diapers (Abenas) when my OAB first started to really act up and that is what was recommended for being cooler in the summer and more discrete. once I found out about Confydry 24/7’s and started to get over the fear about having to wear diapers I switched to only using plastic backed diapers as they work way better for my OAB issue management.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:56 am 

I prefer plastic backed. However, the local continence service who provide my pads only provide cloth backed ones, so I've just had to get used to them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:23 am 

Drew81 wrote:
I prefer plastic backed. However, the local continence service who provide my pads only provide cloth backed ones, so I've just had to get used to them.

Same here. My trust only provides Tena Slip cloth backed. I have suggested to them the Tena Slip Active are the same price and with my sensory issues I hate cloth backed pads and they wouldn't budge so I purchase my own. I find Molicare fit the best for me and are comfortable. The wicking abilities are good and I find Tena Slip bulge up at the front and leak where Molicare distributes to the back of the pad.

Can I ask what pads your trust provides and how do you rate them?