www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:18 pm 

We have been traveling from The mountains and town.
I have xp house brand Which I pray they stay and don't leak.
I also forgot to bring onsies.

I swear I'd forget my head if it werent attached

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:52 pm 

Well it went as bad as it could of. My diaper leaked into my boxer briefs and Onto my pajamas. There was a spot on the comforter which I told my sister (who I was stayin with and she assured me It was a coffee stain. I don't know if she was just trying to be nice or what.
I had issues with like 4 of the diapers. The tapes on them ripped beyond repair. I'm back to my parents with my pul pants and onsies. I'm stressed out and ready to go home

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:22 am 

sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully, it will get better soon.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:49 am 

Thanks it's alright. It's just frustrating. I just turned 40 and I never thought I'd end up disabled and incontinent.
Being around family is always fun and they are supportive but i hope it gets better with time

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:17 am 

Please, count us among your family. I understand how exasperating such events as this can be. Good luck returning soon to your comfort zone, and may 2018 be a better year for you.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:20 am 

it will, after finally admitting I needed to wear guards and then as my condition got worse diapers with boosters I have started to accept this is as my life now. I no longer fret about bringing my bag into a store to go to the bathroom. I still have anxiety at work, but still working on that. When in public I don't care if someone is in the stall next to me, I just do what I have to, wash my hands and leave.

I'm glad you have a family that is supportive of what you have to go through

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:08 pm 

Thanks everyone. One thing is for sure is that I won't be wearing xp again. Especially without pul pants.
And thanks Patrick. Great ful for all of you. Much love

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:05 am 

Hi justej:
Here's a tip that just might help you out in the situation you recently found yourself in. I have recently started adding a folded cotton pad (actually a Walmart "Flower Sack Towel", 5 for $5) to my nighttime pull-up diaper and the results have been amazing. I fold the 28"x29" cloth in half and then in thirds, add it to my diaper, and finally add my PUL pants. However after adding the cotton pad I've found the PUL pants to be practically unnecessary. The pad seems to absorb 90+ percent immediately and just barely lets anything through to my pull-up, much less anything out to my PUL pants. Realize too that I am a side sleeper so to not have a leak is pretty amazing. Also, using a pull-up instead of a tape up brief allows me to easily use the bathroom if I do wake up during the night.

Although I don't have a nighttime wetting issue very often it happens often enough that I feel I have to wear this level of protection every night. So, if you are out of town you can almost always find these "pads" at any Walmart, and if you do wet them they're inexpensive enough to simply toss them in the trash. Of course if you are staying at a hotel you could rinse them out and hang to dry but I simply wrap them up, put them in a plastic bag, and then just throw then in the trash.

I have been totally amazed at how well this combo has worked for me and I hope it can work as well for you. Please note that this combination really only makes sense if you are an occasional night wetter or for out-of-town situations as you described. If your issue is every night then a regular cloth diaper and plastic pants probably make more sense.

Last edited by Padded53 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:23 am 

I will endorse Padded53's tip about creating a hybrid disposable-cloth diaper combination.

When I want a longer time between changes, I accomplish the same by adding a thin flannel cloth pullup over the disposable and then, of course, PUL pants.

For an extremely long time between changes I add a thicker terry pull-up over the disposable. In addition to providing extra absorbency in case the disposable leaks, the additional padding seems to help by pressing the disposable against the body to reduce leaks.

What we are doing is much the same as double diapering except that we are using cloth. The advantage is that is saves the cost of the second diaper normally used. The downside is that the cloth pullup requires laundering. However, do note that if the disposable diaper does not leak there is no need for laundering.

I can wear the thin flannel pullup-disposable diaper combination with regular jeans. The thicker terry pullup-disposable combination is bulkier and I only use it at home or at hotels.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:32 pm 

Hey JDinVirginia:
Your post is very interesting since what you are suggesting is essentially what I do during the day, especially if I'll be out and about. I use a cotton pad (see my post above) over my tape-up diaper and use either a fixing pant or cotton granny panty to hold the cotton pad in place. Over that I'll usually add my snap-on PUL pants. With this combination I can't remember ever having a leak get through to my pants. And as you mentioned only if you have a leak out of your disposable diaper do you need to launder the pad.