www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:43 am 

http://www.idiaper.com/velcro-adult-clo ... ith-pocket
http://www.idiaper.com/vecro-adult-clot ... all-in-one

i was thinking of investing in extra-small of either one of these. Given the sporadic nature of my problems these might be great to have. I would by 2 or 3 and use them in place of disposables.

G

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:38 pm 

I have several like this. Make sure you get several of the inserts. You can also use disposable boost pads. I still wear some type of waterproof pant over these. Sometimes they will wick moisture to the outer cover. Let us know how these work for you.
G

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:53 am 

I bought the all-in-one and a couple extra inserts. Comfortable and of good quality. Haven't had an accident yet when wearing them so can't comment on absorbancy, wickibility, etc. there's good tight elastic at the legs so I think it will do well.

Still have 92 disposables to burn through so I'm not wearing the cloth product every night. Did find a good use though for a disposable - our fridge is leaking a lot of water to under the vegetable drawers. My wife used one diaper to soak up the whole thing!

G

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:28 pm 

I tried these and found that they leaked terribly with one medium void episode. Glad I tried them at home. They are pretty much useless in my case.
From initial comments I should have guessed--> Texan still needs p-pants over his and gtrudeau hasn't had to depend on them yet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:26 am 

You're right in that I'm not dependent on them. I had a near miss a week ago (dreaming of peeing) but woke up in time based on your comments, it's a good thing that I added additional boosters.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:08 pm 

I wear cloth over a disposable diaper at night to catch side leaks. Would these work for that, as using diaper pins gets tedious sometimes?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:00 pm 

If I had to wear a cloth diaper over a disposable and add p-pants, what's the point. Papa hit on this a long time ago. I finally mostly got over it. Working and daytime protection is still a challenge with disposables, but that works. Prefolds and good fitting waterproof pants work on weekends and at night. I truly hope you find a solution. We are all different in our need and willingness to accept the situation.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:06 pm 

BTW I don 't pins. They are a hassle to manage. Instead I use something called a snappy in the larger size. They stretch with time and are secure and very easy to use. Hope you work a good solution to managing. In the end, that's what counts.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:33 pm 

I would never use pins. I'm so clutsy and uncoordinated, I would be well harpooned and have bled to death long before I was done!