www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:57 pm 

Yes, yes, yes - it definitely helps for the plastic pants to be larger than seems to be necessary. Padded53 said "baggy" and I think that is a very good description. My co-author of our draft book who has been incontinent for 29 years suggested this to me based on his own experience. Since I accepted his advice I have had no night leaks at all. :D Of course, the down side is that these plastic pants for night use really are too big for daytime use with disposables.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:43 pm 

Loose fit keeps the edges of the diaper from 'peaking' out. Chapter 8 of the "Primer" does a good job describing fit. I choose the size to fit the protection I am wearing. I have a 37 inch waist and wear large over daytime disposables, X-large over daytime cloth and 2X-large over a double nighttime diaper. This sizing seems to work with either Gary plastic or pul.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:06 am 

So went ahead and got a size Large sense my waist size is 34ins, I also was able to get some Abena M4 so no more leaking in the bed for sure. Thanks everyone who gave advice for my situation!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:14 pm 

Hi Bobsan48:
Glad to hear we were of help in your selection but I have a few questions. Exactly which pants did you get (Leakmaster PUL, Gary Activewear, etc.) and how did you find the fit? With the size info you already provided your feedback on how the pants worked for you can really help others here understand what type/size of pant will work for them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:18 pm 

Hi Padded
I purchased the Gary Activewear, the fit overall is good even with a L its big on me, might get M for day time uses. They hold their elastic tension, and don't stretch during the night. The pants give the extra support when you need it and are breathable, and at times I forget that I even have them on.