www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: swim diapers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:11 pm 

need best swim diaper reusable or disposable would rather get the reusable but do not know what one to get please help

Post subject: Re: swim diapers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:53 pm 

I probably have tried them all. The best is resizable - the SoSecure Swim Containment Brief. Google it for pics and specifications. You can find it on Amazon. Do note that swim diapers are designed to contain feces, not urine.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:56 am 

another vote for the sosecure. pricey but worth it in my opinion. do follow the instructions on measuring to make sure you get the right size.
I do not like it for a diaper cover but it can be used for that as well.

sizing http://www.sosecureproducts.com/sos/measuring-to-choose-the-correct-size-and-style

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:31 am 

thank to all that helps a bunch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:20 pm 
Admin

The sosecure swim diaper is a good brief. I have two. The only down side I think is that it holds water and tends to balloon up in the rear. When I wear mine (I live in FL & swim a lot in the summer), I always have to find a place to “pop” my suit to let the water out. I do this in an inconspicuous place by placing two fingers in the rear and letting the water out. Yes, I am wearing the correct size. Water just comes down the rear of the back when the wearer gets out of the pool and the brief can fill with water. Until I find a place to pop the suit, I kind of get a bit of a bulge. Also, with that much water, the suit will drip constantly. Something to look out for. It is a good suit though. It just requires a work around. Also, adultclothdiaper.com usually has it on sale in the Spring. I’ve bought a few from them.

Also, if you would prefer the disposable route, “ Swimmates” by Tranquility offers a disposable swim diaper. I tried these last summer. I had a problem with the brief sagging in the crotch. I negated this by wearing a speedo brief style swim suit over the diaper and then my regular board shorts over that. I had a problem with the diaper sticking out frequently above my board shorts. This goes for the sosecure too. So you just have to be mindful to keep your shorts pulled up to forego any embarrassment.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:21 pm 

with the life vest pt wants me to use i dont think the ballooning out you talk of will be any trouble for me