www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Shocking news!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:37 pm 

I am so very sorry. I know somewhat of what Christmas without a special loved one is like because this will be my second Christmas without her. My heart hurts for you heart. I suspect this excellent and very helpful forum is not one to bring up religious matters. I don't think anyone would be offended when I consider Christianity about a wonderful relationship with someone who knows and loves you personally. Very much somehow He hurts when you hurt. I do care about you as well and will continue to hold you in my prayers - Tom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:45 am 

thank you Tom, Papa and Greenbank for your condolences. Greenbank, I like your idea about purchasing a plant and getting it
planted in the local park.
I think I will have to get in touch with the local council, to see if this is possible. I think something that is everlasting would be
a fitting tribute to my boyfriend, who I will never forget.
I just wish that he was still here, with me!
I was looking forward to spending a life time with him, but this will not happen now!
All I can do, is to remember him, with much love and affection. And I hope when it is my turn to depart
this world, I will meet up with him again!
Thank you all, for your support as it means a lot to me!- aurora borealis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:10 am 

I bought a lovely plant, and the council planted it in the local park. Now, when I visit this park, I have a
constant reminder of my boyfriend.
Life is still hard, and I have good and bad days, but I must get on and live my life.
I am dreading Christmas, because we had planned to spend this time together, but now this is no
longer possible. I will probably spend this time alone, and to be truthful, I don't really feel like
celebrating.
I am taking one day at a time, and just concentrating on getting through the day. I don't make
too many plans, and I try to keep busy. This is all I can do!
Thanks again, Tom and Greenbank for your constant help and support. This means a lot to me and
is helping me at such a difficult time! aurora borealis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:20 am 

aurora borealis

So happy to help you in some small way as far as Christmas is concerned try not to be alone all the time as this can do more harm than good and be counterproductive! Perhaps go and see if you local community has an special events happening such as a gift run for the disadvantaged, fundraising events for other good causes and see if you can help out, the key is to find someone/group to talk to and give you a hugs and allow a download during what can be a difficult time!

Take care!

Greenbank

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:35 am 

greenbank and Tom T, thank you both so much for your constant support. I am trying so hard to move on, but it isn't easy.
I have been out and about the neighbourhood, and volunteered at the local old people's home.
I will be helping out on Christmas Eve, with a Christmas carol event there. Also helping with a light supper and will be
going there on Christmas Day, to help with the Christmas meal.
Still taking one day at a time, and meet up with friends occasionally so that I am not on my own.
Last evening, I managed to put up and decorate the Christmas tree, and I plan to bake some Christmas cookies.

I have also been going on some long walks, through the streets. There has been a slight snow fall over the weekend,
so the trees and streets are powdered, but rather icy, so I manage to get the dog out.
She enjoys the snow and is well insulated, as she is a Japanese Akita, and this breed is double coated and does well
in snowy conditions.
She is keeping me sane, and whenever I feel like I can't go on, I just cuddle her.

I am still trying to come to terms with what has happened. I am still angry, and guilt-ridden.
I miss my boyfriend every day, and don't think I will get over this.
He was my world, my rock and life just doesn't seem the same without him!

Once again, thank you both for all your help and support!
I wish you both a Merry Christmas! aurora

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:07 am 

Dear Aureau: I am glad you are doing better! I will keep you in my heart and in my prayers this Christmas season. Tom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:27 am 

I am doing okay. Having to accept that boyfriend is dead and not coming back. Still hurts, but I must move on.
I am keeping busy and will be meeting up with friends in the next few days.
My dog has been my constant companion and gives me unconditional love, and gives me something to focus on.
I walk the neighbourhood, and go to places where my boyfriend and I used to meet. I remember him, in my heart
because I will never see him again!

I now have to find the strength to move on in my life! I will be meeting up with friends soon, which will do me
the world of good, and will give me something else to focus on!
I am grateful for the few years that we shared together, but wish with all my heart that he was still here!
perhaps it was better to have loved and been loved in return, than not to have loved at all!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:52 pm 
Admin

Aurora

Im sorry that I haven't posted before, but have been praying for you.
I am real sorry to hear that he died.
Hearing about you planting a flower for him in the park was a wonderful idea and am real happy that it worked out.
Having a living reminder is a wonderful way to remember a loved one.

It sounds like you are doing better and have friends (and your dog) to give you love and support.
Thats great news and makes me happy for you.

Keeping you in my prayers

Schoppy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:58 am 

schoppy,

Thank you for your condolences! Life is still hard and the pain is still there, but I must move on!
I still think about him every day, and I would give everything to have him back with me,
but I know this is not/cannot happen!
He is gone, and I know he would want me to live my life! I think that is why he didn't tell me
when he got ill. I don't think he thought he was going to die, and I hope that when he passed
over that he wasn't in any pain!

It is still a shock, and I am still grieving for him. I just wish that I had got the chance to
hold him in my arms one more time, and to tell him that I will always love him!
this was denied to me, and makes parting all the more painful.

I will love him for the rest of my life, and will never forget him. I just wish that he was still here,
and that we could have had more years together.

aurora