www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:55 am 

Yesterday was my 6 month check up following my prostatectomy and diverticulotomy. It went fairly well. My psa was .03 the same as my 4 month check up. I told him of my unpredictable incontinence issues, and that I still wear diapers of some kind. I also told him of my very slow stream, peeing at an angle, and little sensation of peeing when I do pee. He didn't seem too concerned since I had those problems prior to my surgery. I asked with my previous history if that could be the reason for much of the control problems. He said possibly, but that my situation could take a long time to heal, and some incontinence could be even longer if not permanent. So, I guess I will continue to manage as I am unless I noticed any dramatic changes. As of now, we are on a 6 month visit. Things could be worse.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:03 am 

Things could be a lot worse.......for that matter they could be a lot better. Sounds like you’ve got diapers down to a science, if it’s working and you are ok with that management strategy, then good for you. Hopefully you’re ok with the diaper thing, I know a lot of people have a lot of emotional trauma associated with wearing diapers and acceptance comes at different times for different folks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 am 

Congratulations on your successful management. Here's a hope that you will heal successfully, and soon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:33 pm 

Better than managing your diapers, which you have total control of, is the .03 psa, which you do not have control of. No cancer is much better than a wet diaper. HOPE THAT CONTINUES! Papa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:22 pm 

Thanks for the votes of confidence and encouragement. A question I have been wondering about is, can incontinence return after being dry for several months or years? I think I read somewhere that it is possible, and that in some cases it can occur in some men that were fairly dry from the start after surgery...just kind of curious.