www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:40 pm 

I have had ConfiDry occasionally leak on me. I used to not wear them, favoring Abena, but recently I realized that the price per diaper was better with the Confidry, given the fact that I don't exclusively use disposables (mainly for traveling and when I need to throw a diaper on in a hurry, or dont feel like wearing a pocket diaper), since i mainly use cloth. Speaking of Confidry, I tried to buy some off XP medical with a coupon code, but got an error. It was weird, because everything was in order. As far as the Confidry leaking, you may want to check the leg bands to see if they seal against your legs in the crotch area when you put hte diaper on. Also make sure the leak guards are standing up. nine times out of ten that Ive had a leak, its been because the leak guard wasnt flush against my skin; I didnn't have a good seal against my legs in the crotch area. That is very important to prevent leaks. Hope this helps! Confidry is my current mainstay, I'm sorry they are not working that well for you.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:39 am 

I also have problems with confidry. I think they have a huge amount of SAP, but don't wick well, and their rewet aquisition rate is quite poor. If you dribble, it have smaller voids, they go all day; if you're a big wetter, you get soaked.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:37 am 

Had the same issue with em.
thats why i finally settled on the Northshore Air Supreme for day and the regular supreme boosted for night. outside of cloth I have not seen another product
wick like the Northshore. you can flood or you can just leak but every bit of padding will get used if you can put up with that feeling long enough.
I usually know it's change time due to the wet feel at the top of the back of the brief. The front does not give me that gross feeling for some reason .
I have always wondered how much sap gets wasted in high end products due to the dang things leaking before 1/2 of it is used.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:49 am 

I am a big wetter and must remain well hydrated due to my fecal incontinence. ConfiDry 24/7 has been my go-to diaper for years. With a a quality booster pad, I routinely wear them for 6 - 7 hours, although I prefer to change earlier if the opportunity presents itself. In such instances I always wear plastic pants and good support in the form of "diaper suspenders" and a properly fitting onesie.

I think that many people encounter leaks when wearing premium diapers to near their absorbent capacity because they do not have enough support for the sagging diaper. That sag itself often allows the leak to happen. Just wearing a onesie is not enough. The onesie must fit snugly in order to provide enough "lift" for the heavy wet diaper. Finding that fit means experimenting with onesies from different vendors.

Re wicking, most SAP just does not wick well. All premium diapers will reach a point where there is just too much pee in the crotch and around the leg gathers. This normally happens before the rear of the diaper has absorbed any significant amount of pee. However, I agree with fanoftherichISC that the NorthShore Supreme diapers wick unusually well and absorb quickly.

I also use NorthShore Care Supreme diapers. My current repertoire consists of NorthShore Care Supreme Lite, Supreme, and ConfiDry 24/7. I think of them as being "2 pissers," "3 pissers," and 4 pissers." With a booster pad they become "3 pissers," "4 pissers," and "5+ pissers," in the order indicated. I choose the diaper with the absorbency and "discreetness" most appropriate to my needs. When I use a diaper with a breathable backing I like the Seni Super and the Seni Quatro.

--John

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:06 am 

I recently had several Confidry left in my stock. They were out of the bag and allowed to expand a little and get fluffier. I did not have any leaks as I did when I took them immediately out of the bag and they were compressed. Maybe that can help your situation.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:51 pm 

bad fit most likely.

I hate them. Everyone raves about them but for me they leak so bad I might as well not even be wearing a diaper. I assume I'm either just in between sizes or the cut is wrong for my body type.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:01 am 

Okay I just read this post and I can give a really good solution that I am using. I use a pair of Abena fixing pants over my dry 24/7’s I buy them a size smaller than my normal underwear as they stretch out. You can get the fixing pants from X-Plane-medical under the pad section. I had the same problem with leaking through the legs and the pants fixed it.

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:25 am 

I agree with MikeJames that it's most likely a fit issue. Some diapers, no matter how good, just don't fit some people and therefore tend to leak prematurely. I've had great luck with my ConfiDry 24/7's and can't even seem to make them leak (not that I've actually tried). Due to an unusual situation I had to wear one for 18 hours straight one time and even though it was really soaked and heavy it never did leak.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:10 pm 

I tried the Confidry diapers, but they did not fit well. Specifically, it was impossible to get a snug seal around the legs despite the design being geared for larger people. Also, the absorption rate is slower than it is for some other premium diapers, so they didn't work particularly well for my heavy urge floods that tend to "max out" the capacity of a premium diaper after one wetting. Some of the overflow was ending up in my PUL diaper cover...not good! I have found the Seni Super Quatro to be the best disposable diaper option for my incontinence for reasons of fit and absorption rate. That being said, I wear cloth most of the time, but I still need a top-notch disposable option when traveling.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:50 am 

Mine have not yet leaked while awake. But like every disposable I have yet tried mine leak a lot of I am laying down, especially sleeping on my side. I think the urine just runs down my body until it hit the non-padded area of my diaper on the side I am sleeping on. Is yours leaking while you are up, down or no matter what?