www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:04 pm 

One out of my 3 or so of my confidrys leak in the crotch area. Luckily my pul pants catch the leak but I only have 3 pairs of them and don't have the money to get more until the 3rd. I could just wipe the inside with a wipe but id rather figure out what is causing the damn leak to begin with

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:46 pm 

It might just be the fit some briefs for whatever reason don't work as well as others with different people's body types

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:58 am 

I have always had leak issues with confidry. For me, it's the way they fit at the back of the legs. It's a shame, too, because they are otherwise a great diaper.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:33 pm 
Admin

I recently switched from Confidry to Abena M4 x-plus. I used Confidry for about 1.5 years. I had trouble with the tapes ripping while trying to apply them. The tape would just split right off with very little pressure. Also, as noted above in the thread subject, they leaked on me like crazy. They leaked on me at night in my sleep and would regularly soak my bed. That was a huge turn off. By day, they would leak after one wetting. They let me down a few times in public. Luckily, I was able to get to a restroom before making a scene. And yes, I was wearing the correct size. Overall, my experience with Confidry was that mine were repetitively faulty. The Abena's I'm currently using are much better quality and I haven't been embarrassed yet with a leak.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:41 am 

I have gone through cases of ConfiDry 24/7s without a problem, so I can state that there is no problem with the diaper itself. Presuming that you are taping the diaper snugly, it sounds like your chosen size does not fit you well. :( Where are you in the range of sizes for the diaper?

I also have had no issues with the tapes ripping the plastic while applying the diaper, and I have used many hundreds of Dry 24/7s.. This sounds like a difference in techniques, not the diaper.

Sometimes a particular brand of premium diapers just does not fit the shape of our bodies well.

--John

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:20 am 
Admin

I am just simply saying that, in my experience, the Confidry was not that great. I have been incontinent for 10 years and have put on thousands of diapers. I put them on just like every other diaper. My sizing was right in the middle. I used a medium and have a 36" waist. The tape ripping episodes occurred with at least 2-3 diapers out of every package. I was not pulling them too tight. Yes, the Confidry has most other brands beat in absorbency, but that wasn't good for me when they leaked all the time. In my personal opinion, brands such as molicare and Abena have the Confidry beat in terms of build quality. If you like them and they work for you, then that is great. After long term use, I didn't find them too appealing. Another thing was the claim that the Confidry was refastenable. I found this not to be the case no matter how careful I was. After removing the tapes on the off chance I could make it to a restroom, I found the diaper unusable as I could not reapply it. On the other hand, my experience with brands such as Abena and molicare has been the opposite. I did not have trouble reapplying should the need have presented itself.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:15 pm 

Don,

Thanks for your very informative comments. I was not trying to criticize you. I cannot comment re the tapes as I routinely reinforce most diaper tapes.

--John

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:32 pm 

It has to be how I wear. It doesn't happen every time. I don't have any issues with tapes.
Now the hard part: what am I doing wrong.
Thank goodness for good pul pants. I wear the leakmaster. I'm also looking to get more pul pants. What's everyone's opinion of Garywear?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:32 am 

I have several pair of Garywear Active PUL pants and I really like them, especially for night time. The only issue I've had with them is the flat leg elastics contained in the leg hems will roll a bit and cause a red irritated stripe on my inner leg. The answer for me was to have a seamstress put an extra stitch at the leg gathers to keep the elastic flat and that cured my issues completely. My upper thighs are at the upper limit (but not over!) for the size I wear so if you aren't in that same situation you may not have a comfort issue at all. Other than that the Gary Active Wear PUL pants are GREAT! I also have the LeakMaster PUL pants and although I'm not positive I believe they may also be made by Gary, which is a very good thing since the quality is excellent, and like the Gary's they hold up and wash like iron. The Leakmasters I have are the side-snap versions which work great for me in the hot climate I live in. They also seem to be cut just a bit on the larger size so that is good for me too. So, all that said I think Gary Activewear (and the Leakmasters too) are the best PUL pants available and worth every penny.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:02 pm 

I have had leaks with confidrys too. I noticed that once the front and bottom of the diaper is soaked, the wetness doesn't go to the back. I was frustrated because the diaper would leak prematurely. I don't have the same problem with M4. It must be due to my anatomy and the diaper fit. I also sit all day so it could be how the diaper filling is designed.