www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Info For all Vets
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:50 am 

Hey guys as some know on here I have been fighting with the VA to get better diapers than the depends and attends they want to give which are not good at all. Wanted to share info I have come across in the last couple of days.

1. When the doctors submit a non-formulary request for the products they need the SKU# or item# from the company.

2. Go to sam.gov if the company is not in there the VA will not get products from them however Xp Medical is there and so is northshore care supply both however have a different name than the ones here.

XP Medical = XP Enterprises LLC
Northshore = Samela Inc

When you are going thru the process it will take awhile to get the product u might need. I have gone thru almost every type of incon product they have normally. Use the secure messaging on myhealthevet site document each one u get with the reasons it is not working and requests for the next product up from that. Just like the military guys if its not documented it didn't happen. Then when you get a doctor to submit a non-formulary request for the product u need have them include all the messages u sent with the issues on the other products u have received on why they will not work for you and the DUNS# and CAGE code for the company they can receive the product from.

For example I'm requesting

Dry 24/7
SKU# DC-247-M
Company
XP Enterprises LLC
DUNS 151908485
Cage Code 4QQ77

Post subject: Re: Info For all Vets
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:56 am 

Here is what I wrote to my doctor at the VA and it worked. The address for XP medical is wrong due to the company being sold. I am glad I found items that work for me and able to get them through the VA.

Since the Attends and the Prevail protection along with other items were not working, I tried some samples from XP Medical which is approved to do business with any VA pharmacy in the country. This was done on the advice of other Vets on the support group I have found concerning incontinence. The main Vet that has given me advice recommended I do a show and tell of the various diapers I have tried and their short commons with my Doctor and the Outpatient Pharmacy Manager explaining why the ones provided through the VA do not work for me. I really don’t feel comfortable with doing this as this condition is embarrassing enough. Plus, I do not have left over samples of the ones I tried. I am going to try this through secure messaging why the others do not work well and why I am requesting AbriForm-XL2-XLarge-Premium along with Booster-Regular-Pack which acts as a better booster than the Depend male guard through XP Medical. Although I have been using the Prevail for some time now, they have some faults. The padding in them easily breaks apart. This decreases the absorption of them as the padding becomes clumped up. I also have had them leak several times to the point of me having to change clothes. Although adding Depends Guards as a booster, they still would leak. The material also sticks to my skin and is uncomfortable during the summer months. The tabs easily tear and tape has to be used to secure them in place. The Attends did not fit right which caused them to leak almost every time even with a Depend Guard in place. I purchased samples of Dry24/7, Seni_Brief-XL-SuperPlus to try along with another pack of AbriForm-XL2-XLarge-Premium (which I use to travel with). The Dry 24/7 was too bulky and with the plastic backing you could hear it crinkle with every step. The Seni_Brief-XL-SuperPlus is very good, but it is difficult to conceal with the high back area. I am afraid it would only be a matter of time my shirt would become untucked at work and people would see the material or see a bulge in my shirt due to the elastic waist band. The AbriForm-XL2-XLarge-Premium has reinforced tabs, preventing them from tearing easily. The absorbent material allows 2-3 wettings with a booster, which gives me confidence I will not have to change clothes if I cannot change right away due to being out of my office at work or traveling. They do not make a crinkling sound when walking and are easily concealed under my clothing. Essentially, they work better for me than any other product I have tried or received. The Depend guard is too wide and I have to fold the outer edges back to make it narrower. A regular booster pad allows liquid to pass through the bottom to the diaper when it becomes full. The guard is not design to do this and hence the reason I have to fold it to make it narrower. On average I have up to 5 accidents per day so I would need at least 2 cases of AbriForm-XL2-XLarge-Premium for a 30 day period along with the boosters. As mention in the first paragraph XP Medical is approved to do business with any VA pharmacy in the country and I hope I can get this type of protection without too much trouble through the VA. XP Medical address and contact information is, 209 N. Olive St., Ventura, CA 93001 and phone number is 1-888-485-2268. Email: mail@xpmedical.com and website is www. xpmedical.com.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:40 am 

As of right now that I posted for xp is still true however their expiration is on the 24th of this month so dunno what is happening with it I sent an email trying to contact someone with so to find out

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:29 pm 

hey andy this is wonderful information can you start a detailed thread in the insurance topic so all vets can find this in the future

include sample message send back and forth...

This will be great help to me as i start this journey/fight

Saving the world one family at a time, restoring hope though compassion.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:47 pm 

Even though I reqested XP, VA gets them through Independence Medical. I can tell as they do not cover up the shipping label. Fustrating sometimes my supplies run out before I get the refill delivered. Expensive, but I'm glad these can be odered online.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:01 pm 

Yes but independence med doesn't have dry 24/7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:50 pm 

I really don't care where they buy them from as long as I am getting something that works from me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:12 pm 

Andy0690 , batman381327 since the VA will pay for diaper what other items will they pay for? will they pay for underpads, will they pay for dubious care items like Diaper wipes and creams just curious here

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:27 pm 

Steve,

Not sure. Maybe see if it is on the Medsurg site. I haven't asked as I don't need creams that often. As for wipes, I buy them in bulk from Sam's.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:36 pm 

i have looked at medsurge :) why i was asking just need ot know how to ask the dr for the items... not that i am a mouch or anything...