www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:19 pm 
Admin

Even tho skorts and skirts look nice, I dont think the people in my neighborhood would like me walking around in one.
Would probably get mugged or shot. :lol: :lol:

Schoppy

greenbank wrote:
Hi All

I have been wearing a skort for sport and cycling for a long while now since being in diapers such a great item of clothing would not be without them

Grossbank

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:17 pm 

Schoppy, be brave... live a little!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:27 am 

Man, you gotta live little, even if wearing a skort would get you kilt!

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:23 am 

IC never stopped me from doing my sports it actually doesn't affect me that much due to the solitary nature of my sport and trust me the last thing people care about is if your shorts are a bit wet! I also go running quite a lot as well which has its own unique challenges. The hardest thing I find is after said race or day out is getting changed in a car park or a field, I do have this down to a fine art form though. What I'm saying is I never let my minor health issue get in the way of doing what I love

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:51 am 

Überaktive wrote:
Man, you gotta live little, even if wearing a skort would get you kilt!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:55 am 

cycling_guy, I'm happy to hear that you are living life to the fullest.

Uberaktive, thank you for the pun!

W.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:15 am 

JDinVirginia wrote:
DedDude,

With a properly fitting plastic-backed diaper, the plastic should not be a problem at all. Of course, a breathable diaper will stretch more during exercise than a plastic-backed diaper, if you want that.

Just choose a reasonably thin quality diaper. Cheap ones may clump and separate from the backing under active exercise.

Wearing something over the diaper such as underpants or compression pants will help to keep the diaper from tearing, will help hold it in place, and will smooth out any bulges such as compression pants.

--John

I ride a recumbent due to neck issues (I had a surgery and they cut my head off 30% of the way, lots of scar tissue now). So a normal cycling seat is not an issue. I rode yesterday and today with a pull up, and while I was lucky enough not to wet during my time out I think all is going to be okay. Thanks for the advice.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:11 pm 

Wetters wrote:
cycling_guy, I'm happy to hear that you are living life to the fullest.

Uberaktive, thank you for the pun!

W.

You're welcome. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:29 pm 

DedDude wrote:
I ride a recumbent due to neck issues (I had a surgery and they cut my head off 30% of the way, lots of scar tissue now).

Darn, that beats my surgeries by a mile. Are you still fully mobile? I bet incontinence is nothing to you after surviving something like that, huh?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:11 pm 

Hi,

I used to like doing Tae Kwan do when I was younger.... Before my car crash and urinary issues...
But now I am interested in possibly starting wing chun if I had money and time.
Exercise wise, I now do lot of hiking and jogging or long walks... And do some weights or calisthenics at home depending. I found a thin diaper to give me ample protection, comfort and security- something like tranquility either slimline or atn(slimline barely hold a wetting for me). The tenas I think ultra are also pretty good- thin diapers. But they are cloth backed.
I guess the one thing that is good about diapers and martial arts is when you are getting your butt kicked it won't hurt as hard. Lol

I have been somewhat secluded and lonely since my car crash but I try to go out there and jog on weekends with other runners and keep in shape.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next