www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:53 pm 

greenbank wrote:
Hi All

I have been wearing a skort for sport and cycling for a long while now since being in diapers such a great item of clothing would not be without them

Grossbank

I think I might have to call mine a KILT!! :lol: :lol:

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:22 am 

I mainly exercise on a stationary bike at the gym and I've found that a pullup is adequate. I don't think anyone has noticed :) My main issue has been changing at the gym, since I try to be discreet about my issues (like most of us :P ), so I tend to not do that and just walk the 10 minutes it takes to get home and shower when I get there. Not sure what I'd do if I had to take the bus, though...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:37 am 

andoreo wrote:
I mainly exercise on a stationary bike at the gym and I've found that a pullup is adequate. I don't think anyone has noticed :) My main issue has been changing at the gym, since I try to be discreet about my issues (like most of us :P ), so I tend to not do that and just walk the 10 minutes it takes to get home and shower when I get there. Not sure what I'd do if I had to take the bus, though...

Hi andoreo

I purchased a beach towel/robe that covers the whole body with the head poking through the top you can make your own this is great in the changing room as it provides the privacy that I need to discreetly place clothes in a bag under the towel cover etc.

http://www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com/n ... ging-robes

Greenbank

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:28 pm 

Sports with incontinence can be difficult. I stress that as I wear more as a back-up, I can't speak for people who totally lack control, but when I occasionally go to the gym I usually wear a pull-up under sports-boxers (you know, those tight ones that channel heat and sweat off the skin. Technical underwear?) with shorts over them. This combo is very discreet and also secure if any leaks happen. Of course it probably doesn't work for heavier protection like briefs and such. Running, I wear the same combo. More secure than guards and, I think, also less visible as there is no risk of the pull-up coming loose. I've heard stories of guards falling from a boxer-leg, although I think that's an exaggeration. There's no way a guard could fall out the groin, especially if one is wearing boxers with snugly fitting legs. Guards, however, may become loose if one does very hard sports with jumps, kicks or bends, as these put stress on the adhesive strip. Loose guards would be bad for leaks...
I would recommend a pull-up with snug underwear (or, as some have recommended, plastic pants): even thicker pull-ups are quite invisible if held in place by a snug underwear and worn under loose shorts/track-pants.

It's important to keep physically active if possible, and incontinence should not be a reason not to exercise. Of course one has to know their possible limitations and respect their body, but physical health contributes to overall health, of both mind and body, so keep moving, even if you have to risk someone noticing the protection. It's none of their business anyway. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:32 pm 

Überaktive, well said. I tend not to go to the gym because the diapers I wear are so visible but I now try walking around the late behind my house. Only a half mile a day but it is a start on the road to who I was before the war.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:01 am 

Best of luck!
All journeys are made of small steps. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:51 am 

Überaktive wrote:
Best of luck!
All journeys are made of small steps. :)

Thanks! :)

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:08 pm 

Thank you everyone again for your tips and tricks. It has been very helpful as I try to reintegrate physical activities back into my life. I hope some people were inspired or helped by this thread to start doing some of the physical activities they love while being unhindered by incontinence issues.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:27 pm 

Whoa, slow down there. Lets not get to carried away with inspiration.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:51 pm 

B Brian wrote:
Whoa, slow down there. Lets not get to carried away with inspiration.

Now see here Gyrene, leave it to the Army to bark orders! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marcus Aurelius

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next