www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:02 am 

Good thoughts, guys.

Also, gymnastics often assumes wearing a fairly tight form-fitting pair of spandex pants.

Cheerleaders get a lot of exposure and spectators, so a bulge would be likely to be noticed and receive comment.

Justj, success with bicycling seems to begin with choosing the right seat - both comfortable and wide. :D Wearing pantyhose or compression pants over a thin quality diaper both reduces friction and helps to keep the diaper from tearing or shifting.

Could the ladies contribute? What about the short skirts or thin traditional dress associated with some sports or activities? To what extent would that be a deterrent?

Sports with high impact or bouncing will cause more stress incontinence, especially of the ladies. Of course, light SUI can be contained with a liner or thin pad.

--John

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:22 pm 

Sorry I can't be of help here. I don't participate in sports of any kind, including cycling. I used to hike/backpack, canoe and sail, but my daytime incon was minimal then. I presently target shoot, camp and take walks, but I don't do anything strenuous.

Wetters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:49 pm 

Wetters, how do you manage camping in diapers? The amount of extra diapers combined with the weight of used ones.... plus, you'd have to haul out your trash?

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:23 pm 

PC, I wear pull-ups. I only need 1 per night and a couple during the day (I pack a few extra, though). My husband and I do historical camping (i.e., canvas tent, cast-iron cookware and the like). We don't backpack into the mountains or anything like that (I can't do that any more due to my post-stroke balance issues), so we're not concerned about weight or bulk. We use a "tall kitchen" plastic bag inside a burlap sack tied to the tent pole for our cooking and other trash, and we just haul it out.

Wetters

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:13 am 

Thank you guys for the tips! After some experimentation, I tried using compression shorts with a pull-up and compression shorts with a lighter diaper. Compression shorts work very well for this purpose! The pullup worked well for me, so I think I found my workout and martial arts combination, at least for now!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:54 am 

Wetters wrote:
PC, I wear pull-ups. I only need 1 per night and a couple during the day (I pack a few extra, though). My husband and I do historical camping (i.e., canvas tent, cast-iron cookware and the like). We don't backpack into the mountains or anything like that (I can't do that any more due to my post-stroke balance issues), so we're not concerned about weight or bulk. We use a "tall kitchen" plastic bag inside a burlap sack tied to the tent pole for our cooking and other trash, and we just haul it out.

Wetters

I did Civil War re-enacting while in college, which period do you do?

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:46 pm 

Western Mountain Man (Fur Trade era).

W.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:27 pm 

I've only done brief camping trips since I've been back in diapers. But I only wear at night, so that's pretty easy.

My wife and I want t to get back into backpacking, so I'll have to figure that out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:47 pm 

MSUSpartan wrote:
I've only done brief camping trips since I've been back in diapers. But I only wear at night, so that's pretty easy.

My wife and I want t to get back into backpacking, so I'll have to figure that out.

Please let me know whatever you figure out,.... I wanna take my sons out on the trail, once I can physically do it again!!

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:37 pm 

Hi All

I have been wearing a skort for sport and cycling for a long while now since being in diapers such a great item of clothing would not be without them

Grossbank

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next