www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:23 pm 

Not for sports, but when I go to the gym I will wear a thinner plastic backed diaper, also with compression pants.

I've found with me that a pullup, or cloth like disposable won't protect me from leaks when I'm on my side or upside down. The compression pants eliminate most if not all of the plastic crinkle, and with the thinner diaper, nobody ever notices.

An added benefit is that after you're done working out, training, or playing, you can just toss that diaper and change into a good new one right afterwards. This also helps with sweating as I've also found most any diaper will not absorb as much sweat like they will with pee, and they all tend to break apart and clump when highly active like that.

Having something that will only get you through an hour or two, but reliably, is actually the best bet I can recommend for anyone.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:04 am 

I love to ride my bike. And I am not sure ow I am going to manage it yet while diapered. I do ride a recumbent so the narrow seat is not an issue, but I have fears of the plastic of a diaper trying to saw my legs off.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:46 pm 

DedDude,

With a properly fitting plastic-backed diaper, the plastic should not be a problem at all. Of course, a breathable diaper will stretch more during exercise than a plastic-backed diaper, if you want that.

Just choose a reasonably thin quality diaper. Cheap ones may clump and separate from the backing under active exercise.

Wearing something over the diaper such as underpants or compression pants will help to keep the diaper from tearing, will help hold it in place, and will smooth out any bulges such as compression pants.

--John

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:46 pm 

Good luck figuring it out! Hopefully, as I start exercising again I will need to jump back to this thread to use this great information!! :)

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:32 am 

With some prior planning, I think we can participate in many, if not most, sports.

However, which sports does the group think are either very difficult or ill-advised while wearing diapers?

--John

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:53 am 

Competition swimming.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:01 pm 

Brian,

Agreed. I was thinking in terms of recreational sports rather than competition. At the competitive level any extra weight or distraction is to be avoided.

Here are my current thoughts:

Recreational swimming is fairly easy if urinary incontinent but requires swim diaper if fecal incontinent.
Bicycling is do-able but requires planning re diaper and clothing to reduce friction an chaffing and hold diaper in place.
Hiking is do-able with some planning to avoid chaffing.
Horseback riding is do-able with attention to diaper selection. Not sure about diaper with traditional riding pants.
Skiing should not be a problem. Clothing would hide anything.
Paddling should not be a problem. Clothing usually is extremely casual.
Yoga might be difficult for ladies due to the usual tight Yoga pants.
Tennis should be do-able. Short tennis skirts for ladies might reveal diaper bulge.
Martial arts seem do-able. If grappling, diaper might be dislodged.
Casual ice skating is do-able. Competition probably would not be practical.
Bowling is do-able but thick diaper may change form.
Figure skating might be a problem for ladies if wearing traditional costumes.
Hunting should not be a problem. Hunters are isolated and wear anything.
Golf should not be a problem unless bulky diaper changes swing.
Jogging short distances is do-able, with planning. Long distant running may be a problem.

Thoughts?

--John

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:36 pm 

I'm trying to figure out biking. I love riding my bike and have avoided it this year. Any tips or insights would be appreciated. I'm worried about chafing and my shirt riding up (i tend to ride with a backpack and my shirt rides up as it is. And a onsie would not work in hot weather)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:40 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
Brian,

Agreed. I was thinking in terms of recreational sports rather than competition. At the competitive level any extra weight or distraction is to be avoided.

Here are my current thoughts:

Recreational swimming is fairly easy if urinary incontinent but requires swim diaper if fecal incontinent.
Bicycling is do-able but requires planning re diaper and clothing to reduce friction an chaffing and hold diaper in place.
Hiking is do-able with some planning to avoid chaffing.
Horseback riding is do-able with attention to diaper selection. Not sure about diaper with traditional riding pants.
Skiing should not be a problem. Clothing would hide anything.
Paddling should not be a problem. Clothing usually is extremely casual.
Yoga might be difficult for ladies due to the usual tight Yoga pants.
Tennis should be do-able. Short tennis skirts for ladies might reveal diaper bulge.
Martial arts seem do-able. If grappling, diaper might be dislodged.
Casual ice skating is do-able. Competition probably would not be practical.
Bowling is do-able but thick diaper may change form.
Figure skating might be a problem for ladies if wearing traditional costumes.
Hunting should not be a problem. Hunters are isolated and wear anything.
Golf should not be a problem unless bulky diaper changes swing.
Jogging short distances is do-able, with planning. Long distant running may be a problem.

Thoughts?

--John

Long distance running, i.e. marathons or half marathons? I think doing a 5k is doable, but perhaps not in thick protection, with some additional protections on top of it. I jog short distances with no issue.

Basketball would be a no-no.
Baseball / Softball would be doable.
Football, maybe?
Soccer would be difficult, as your leg movements would constantly cause the diaper to shift I imagine.
Tennis, same thing.

I have my class tomorrow, and I'll let you guys know what works for me. Thanks again for all your replies!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:12 am 
Admin

Two sports that a lot of people forget is cheerleading and gymnastics. :shock:
That would apply to both male and female, young and old.

The amount that they have to move around is hard enough, let alone having to do it with protectiion on.

Schoppy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next