www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:49 am 

I have experienced a bit of chest pain that is probably heart related and have been scheduled for an angiogram. The procedure involves inserting a catheter (small tube) into an artery in the groin and then threading it upward into the heart, where it releases radioactive dye while xrays are taken in order to find any blockages in the coranary arteries. Afterward, the wound in the groin must be cared for and kept scrupulously clean for a few days until it heals. I wonder if any of you have had the procedure and, if so, how you managed your incontinence until the wound healed. I doubt that wearing a diaper will be possible for a few days afterward.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:48 pm 

back when I had a PFO closure in my heart, they went through the veins/arteries in the groin. The entry point wasn't big at all and I don't remember having any problems with scabs or open wounds. Granted back than I wasn't incontinent.

Last edited by batman381327 on Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:53 pm 

I had a spinal angiogram in the hospital in mid November under general anesthesia. They thought I had an abnormal blood vessel on my spinal cord causing my urinary frequency and incomtinence. I had a foley in for the surgery and since I'm a catheter user anyway I ended up going home with the foley in the same day (they never found anything, it was believed to be a shadow on the MRI) I usually wear a diaper 24/7 even over the catheter just to catch any stray leaks or mucous. While in recovery and for 24 hours they put a small pressure dressing on the wound which is waterproof (wound looks like a small slice less than a 1/4" long right in the middle of the bend where your leg meets your torso. I asked my wife to put a diaper on me in recovery. (I don't like my equipment flopping around with the catheter in me added bonus, the diaper helps to hold everything in place) so the nurse went and got her a diaper and she put it on me......I went home with the hospital diaper and the foley in.....no problem.....don't remember much of it but wife filled me in....