www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:56 pm 

I agree it takes getting use to the wetness but I find with the better absorbent diapers ie dry 24/7 or the Abena m4 they feel dryer faster then the cheaper brands and on the 24/7's after a short while I don't feel that wet and have been able to stay in the same diaper for a few hours or so after the first wetting till,the second one happens

It's more expensive to get the better diapers with greater absorbency but when you count up the extra number of changes using the cheaper diapers it will pay for its self quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:13 pm 

Welcome to the club.

NOBODY have ever died just from embarrassment!

If you are feeling wet, you are not using a good diaper. A good diaper should not feel wet until it is close to capacity and it is not drawing moisture away from your skin. I highly recommend trying a better diaper. It could take trying many different diapers to find one that works the best for you.

If you are having trouble with tapes, fit and putting on a diaper properly you want to try many different positions to put it on. If you can't get a good fit standing, try laying on a bed, or standing with your back against the wall and lean against the wall holding the diaper between you and the wall. After a lot of practice you will find what works best for you.

The most important thing to remember is that this is NOT something can can control, but it IS something you can decide how to handle it!

Take you time and it will become part of life. Not a big deal. Anyone who make a big deal about it is not a friend and is toxic to your well-being. Get rid of the people baggage as fast as you can. In short order you will get comfortable with your coping skills and adjust to your new body. Life is different, not complicated.

Cheers,

Doug