www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just at an "Ugh" Point
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:26 am 

You know, I've come to the point that I accept this as part of my life. I accept that I wear diapers. It is just another part of my clothing that I put on every day. In fact, sometimes I feel more comfortable in diapers than out. I just don't care anymore. Most of what I have to deal with is never knowing when something is going to happen. I wear diapers for that moment when I'm glad I had one on. It's not always that I need it or use it. Sometimes I'm good and others not. Some days are better than others. And I guess that's what gets me. Its so unpredictable. I just never know. Yesterday was a not better than other day and I was changing a few times throughout the day because it just kept flowing. And today didn't start out too well either. And this morning, as I was taping up my diaper and realized I'm wet before I even left the house (which doesn't happen often) I just felt "Ugh!" I really don't have any other way of wording it. I'm just frustrated. I accept it, but I hate it.

Sorry, just needed to vent.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:22 am 

Brother, I know how you feel. Something that always bugs me is changing and not 60 seconds later I realize I have wet myself already. Sometimes we just look forward to the very few times we get to be dry. Look more up if you still need to vent.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:08 pm 

I just might get on yahoo later and see if you are there. I'm done work at 12.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:53 pm 

All too familiar to me. I can go 2 maybe three days without having an accident. Than out of the blue I have to change 3 times in one day. so unpredictable.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:42 pm 

This post definitely struck a chord with me. I struggle with this every day, some days I leak more than others. I don't have all out floods because I do have control of my bladder but leak a fair amount after I urinate. As always some days are better than others, and some days the urinary frequency is worse than others. On really bad days I'm going 15-25 times with leakage every time. I always wear protection of some sort and on the bad days which seem more often than not, I end up with a Foley catheter just to feel normal.......

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:17 pm 

Speaking of an "Ugh" point and not knowing what or when it could happen. it could be worse - you could be bowel incontinent :(

Seriously, I do understand. Although I have some control, my bladder often goes on "autopilot" and does its own thing 5 to 10 times an hour (small amounts, of course). My way of handling it is just to prepare for the worse every time I leave the house. That way I won't be disappointed. :D If it were not for my preventive enemas, the bowel incontinence would be totally unpredictable - 2 to 3 times a day!

--John

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:11 pm 

msshendo wrote:
You know, I've come to the point that I accept this as part of my life. I accept that I wear diapers. It is just another part of my clothing that I put on every day. In fact, sometimes I feel more comfortable in diapers than out. I just don't care anymore. Most of what I have to deal with is never knowing when something is going to happen. I wear diapers for that moment when I'm glad I had one on. It's not always that I need it or use it. Sometimes I'm good and others not. Some days are better than others. And I guess that's what gets me. Its so unpredictable. I just never know. Yesterday was a not better than other day and I was changing a few times throughout the day because it just kept flowing. And today didn't start out too well either. And this morning, as I was taping up my diaper and realized I'm wet before I even left the house (which doesn't happen often) I just felt "Ugh!" I really don't have any other way of wording it. I'm just frustrated. I accept it, but I hate it.

Sorry, just needed to vent.

I know just what you mean some days I am continuously wet where as others I stay dry for some time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:05 am 

Well, I've had some firsts this week. First time I was wetting an felt it running down my let while at work. Had to stop what I was doing and go change. That was fun. And for the first time last night I went to change and didn't realize I was leaking and felt it leaking down my leg after I took the wet diaper off. Not fun at all!

Also, I had been dealing with feeling sick the past few days with a slight fever. That broke and I'm starting to feel better. But, I think I have a UTI to deal with now. That complicates things because I never know when I have to go compared with the discomfort of the UTI and I get no warning that I'm going to go. Just Oh, there it is and there it goes.

Gore Vidal