www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:19 am 

Hi everyone, I'm having a bit of a problem at night! I seem to be wetting very heavily during the night at the minute, and although I'm wearing plastic pants, I still seem to have trouble. The issue is, the women in my family have big thighs :| I had to order a large to be big enough to fit around my thighs, but my issue is now at the waist. The waist isn't very fitted, and during the day this is generally okay, but the last couple of nights I've still woken up to a wet bed after having leaked at the waist. Does anyone know of a UK company where I could order a medium plastic pants but have a larger leg size? I did find one American company a few days ago, but can't remember the name of that one either. I'd prefer to order from the UK so they'd get here faster, but needs must!

On a side note, I am thinking about re-purposing a couple of old towels for tonight, with the hope that cloth nappies being bulkier it will make the plastic pants I've got a tighter fit. Any ideas on what *layers* I should use as a heavy night wetter? I have a mixture of towels I could cut up...

Thanks! Cheryl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:57 am 

Cheryl, Cloth is excellent for night time. As far as how thick...that is like everything else, a personal thing. Each of us have different needs. Go as thick as you can and then adjust from there. You never have too much protection, only too little. If you find that cloth diapers/nappies work for you, and they should, it will be cheaper and you will never run out of diapers, you are always just a wash and dry from protection. It is always trial and error so keep trying till you are comfortable.Papa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:36 pm 

Hi Cheryl

I too had a similar problem what I now do is wear the Molicare Super Diaper then Terry pull on Pants (extra absorbency) then Plastic Pants and finally lycra/stretch type cycling/netball shorts to keep the plastic pants and the diaper snug. So far I have not had any problems mind you I only have issues when going to sleep or in the first stages of awaking and during the day.

Hope this helps

Greenbank.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:48 am 

I have found out that highback/extended waist is a good solution. It gives a longer area to catch up with what comes out on the top of the diaper. I wear cloth over disposables at night. My cloth diapers are made from old towels and worn out flannel bedlinen. On really bad days, I also add a doubler on the outside, between the cloth and the disposable.
PUL covers are also easier to adjust than plastic.
I hope this was a little helpful.