www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: nor'easter
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:52 am 

I guess i am the odd man out here. I love January and February and the snow. The 1 degree temps i could do without. But the snow does not bother me. I love pushing it around (and we have 5 feet right now with bigger drifts) with my tractor and then coming into a warm house. Build a fire and read a good book. It is my hibernation complex i guess. I dress warm and the cloth diapers and plastic pants rarely feel cold. the thickness of winter clothes, sweaters, jackets, etc. also makes it so the diapers never are obvious. A thicker onsie also adds to warmth and concealment. The smell of a warm fire, a good book, snow falling outside a cup of coffee/tea and quiet regenerates my soul. The Pats just added to all of that. Tom Brady was (as he would tell you) just one person of many who worked towards winning the super bowl. A good lesson for everyone to learn, we win as a team. The team here on this forum is a winner too. Papa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:47 pm 

Reading this I'm suddenly feeling very spoiled to be living in New Mexico. Here in the southern part of state it tends to snow a couple inches one day a year and it's all gone the next day. Plus the sun is out nearly every day which is a huge factor in managing my mood.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:57 am 

CJinNM, as a Lobo, I can say that I love your state. Did my grad work at UNM in Albuquerque.

(sorry for the off-topic response, but I couldn't resist it)

--John

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:51 am 

I live on the South-East coast of England, so no snow here at present. Just rather cold and wet, as we get a lot of rain.
I used to live in West Germany, years ago, so remember shovelling snow off pathways and driveways. Here, in the UK, we tend to panic if there is a foot of snow, and are never prepared for it.
I don't know how we would cope, if we experienced the same amount of snowfall, that folks in the USA experience. I don't think our highway maintenance guys would be prepared for any such emergency.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:32 pm 

Here in Western Washington State, we panic when we get an inch of snow!

Wetters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:45 pm 

Then you would have to panic 80 times over that if you lived in Boston and more in our suburbs. Papa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:57 pm 

its snowing here in dc right now. not a happy camper!
but i really cant go outside because of my leg but i have a primary doc appointment on monday and im not looking forward to it! (because of the cold and it will be second time out in diapers.)