I have:
Depression
Anxiety
Delayed sleep phase disorder
IBS
And
dyspraxia

And to top it off my bladder hates me.

It started a few years ago after a twisted groin, every time I pee a few minutes later I leaked no matter what I did to clear the pipes. Now the leaks have got bigger and if my IBS is acting up my bladder seems to give up on playing nice too.

Im not new to diaper s , when my IBS was at its worse from my teens onwards I wore them for a few days at a time until my bowels went back to normal.

But now im in pads 24/7. At 26 I feel pretty crappy. I want a life and I want a relationship be normal ect

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:42 pm 

ewok,
You do indeed have a full plate. Added together, my guess is that they negatively reinforce each other. Each one makes the others worse, and it ends up an accelerating downward spiral. I hope we can interrupt this, at least for the incontinence, and that way ease things a bit for you.

Welcome, and good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:55 pm 

Patrick wrote:
ewok,
You do indeed have a full plate. Added together, my guess is that they negatively reinforce each other. Each one makes the others worse, and it ends up an accelerating downward spiral. I hope we can interrupt this, at least for the incontinence, and that way ease things a bit for you.

Welcome, and good luck.

Thanks

I have a doctors visit Wednesday.

Im hoping its a problem i wth the Urethra or pelvic muscles that can be fixed.

Though I have a holiday in 2 weeks, so got to cope with 2 weeks in Japan with a leaky bladder and my normaly leaky bowels.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:03 pm 

Hello, crazyewok, and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry that you have bladder/bowel challenges, particularly at such a young age. My IBS didn't set in until I was 40.

This is a group of good people, and you'll get compassionate emotional support and useful practical advice here.

I hope your trip to Japan goes well.

Wetters

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:00 pm 

Crazyewok, your not alone, I am 26 years old and I deal with neurogenic bladder and bowel, with no feeling at all, so I have to wear diapers 24/7.

I deal with:
*Bipolar disorder (under control with medication)
*Severe scoliosis
*Crohn's Disease
*Chiari malformation type 1. For those who doesn't know what it is here is a link. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold%E2% ... lformation)
*syringomyelia. its a cyst that starts from the brainstem inside the spinal cord that expands and grows longer. more detailed explanation to those who doesn't know what it is heres a link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syringomyelia)
*Sleep Apnea

It definetlty stinks having to wear diapers at my age (no pun intended). But in reality, having to wear protection at our age shouldn't make you feel embarrassed or feel like crap. Diapers are not for babies and elderly, that is a stigma created by society of people who think they are "normal" that aren't educated and also think that nothing bad will happen to them, living life with blinders on. Don't dwell upon the word "normal", that word should only be used in medical terms such as your blood pressure, etc. No one is normal, everyone has their issues from medical to mental.

I believe you can still have a happy life, just keep a positive outlook (I'm a Christian but I wont preach but I put my faith in God for my life and it works very well for me.). Don't dwell upon the negative things, but look at the positive things that you can still do an enjoy, and the things you can still do, think of the other people who cant do what you can still do.

I deal with a lot on my plate, I had decompression surgery (brain surgery where they remove part of the back of the skull.) back on 1/17/14 to slow down the progression of my symptoms of my Chiari from getting worse, if I didn't have it done, I would be quadriplegic right now. Every morning that I wake up and I'm able to move my arms and legs, I'm thankful because I could of woke up not being able to move at all. Before I had all these medical problems, I used to be a very competitive/avid video gamer which I cant do anymore because of my left side of my body lacks feeling of pain, cold and heat or any other sensation, as well with weakness. I even had to drop out of college for when I was studying to become an architect, which in school I used to be very good at, but I cant do that anymore because part of architecture requires you to draw. All of this definetly sounds depressing and you wonder how I could go on? well I think of when one door closes, another opens. Depression is a pain in the butt, but once you get out of the gutter, your a stronger person than what you were before.

With all my problems, I could probably write a novel of all the bad things that happened to me but I Love my life and wouldn't ever chose a different one. I am now in a relationship with a wonderful woman that I love very much who has also been through as much as I do and we love each other very much. Even though I dropped out of school from architecture that I used to love, I soon will be going back to college for a different field, as a psychotherapist to help people cope with depression because I think I will be very good at it, and I want to help other people deal with their problems emotionally and to cheer them up, I'm the type of person that like to put a smile on people's face.

Also, read my signature. (I don't take credit from it, its a quote from Doctor Who) I think my signature fits my life spot on. How I perceive this quote is like this-Some people can live more in 20 years than others do in 80 because some people can live life 80 years and never learn valuable life lessons. I feel living life is from learning and overcoming the bad things and be strengthened by it and to still love the life that you have, meanwhile some people that live life for 80 years that think they are "normal" can still have blinders on, even if they've traveled the whole world and been spoiled with a bunch of luxuries, I don't think that is living. Of all the problems I have had, and to overcome them in the short time I lived for 26 years of my life, I have learned a lot, and some people can live life for 80 years never having life lessons like I had and have no where the insight that I have.

So keep your chin up crazyewok, everything will be OK. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:01 pm 

Crazye, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you're having a bunch of ups and downs. We all understand what your going through, we all live day in and day out with problems.......we are here for you and will listen if you need to vent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:48 am 

Crazyewok,

I'm sure your doc will want to do some test, and may even what to have some imaging done to eliminate some possible causes. If nerve damage is some how related to the cause there is little that can be done to solve the problem,......at least not very easily. The good news is if the cause to your incon problem IS some kind of nerve damage you would most likely have other issues, so the fact that the cause of your incon is probably NOT nerve damage is a positive. The cause could be as simple as some type of infection, but here to you have not mentioned any other symptoms commonly associated with a bladder infection. If it is something as simple as pelvic floor muscles, etc., I would be interested in knowing was caused the muscles to become weak and cause you to have problems in the first place. It's not like your 90 yrs of age, and bedridden with no activity. As far as your other aliments, don't worry about you incon issues so much. Things could always be worse as anyone in this forum will tell you, and as far as any relationships go, don't worry about that either. The chances of you staying at her place, (or yours) overnight on the first date are slim, to none anyway. That's just reality. PLUS,...most relationships go much slower than that anyway (that too is reality), making sure you BOTH are right for one another is the most important thing here anyway so don't be concerned that you will not be doing any one night stands for a while. Don't walk, but run the other way is the value of a relationship is going to be based on a one night stand. I can assure you, Miss Right will be attracted to the person you are and have NO concerns about the protection you wear except to may sympathize with you about your health issues. The other thing you should give SOME thought to is what if she has a health issue she has not told you about? Bed wetting effect adult women just as much as it does men so maybe she has a secret to tell you. Its not common, but it does happen, and bed wetting is only an example of the MANY possibilities so you never know. The key question here is what if Miss Right was a bed wetter,....would this make any difference to you if you liked everything else about her, and felt comfortable in her presents and thought of her like you have never thought so much of anyone before. Would this make a difference in your relationship? If you answered NO, then DON'T worry about the type of underwear you wear.,..I've been there and done that. Besides, if you use disposables it is less laundry to be concerned with and assuming your condition does not improve. What happens if you make a full recovery?

Let us know what you doc thinks might be the cause, and what course of action he/she takes to over come this bump in the road.