www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:30 am 

I wear cloth diapers most the time, and when I travel I wear disposables, but regardless of the type of diaper I wear, I almost always wear a diaper cover (plastic pants) over the diaper. The one exception when I don't wear a diaper cover over the diaper is when I have some kind of a medical apt where I know the diaper will be exposed and for medical apt's I always wear a disposable with NO diaper cover. The only reason why I don't wear the diaper cover over the disposable during a medical apt is probably fear I will be labeled or considered a AB/DL by a medical person because I would be seen wearing a diaper cover over the diaper.

I am VERY self conscious about bulk so I prefer to wear a diaper cover with more of what I would describe as a trim, or snug fit to the diaper cover causing less bulk, (little, to no excess diaper cover material). I LIKE the stealth fashion, and within reason, I also like to compress the diaper I wear which in turn causing less bulk. Don't the wrong impression, I'm not a fanaddict about compressing the diaper I wear, but I definitely don't like a excess material that most diaper covers have.

I live in Arizona, but for reasons I never understood, I don't become uncomfortable wearing plastic pants, (I prefer to call them "diaper covers",...more dignity in that name I guess), and because wearing plastic Vs. PUL, or other fabrics, I have the plastic pants custom/taylor made to fit the way I want from the same company that makes plastic pants for Babykins, or Fetware for $14 per pair. There is one catch,.....minimum order is 12 pairs of plastic pants. The pants I am talking about are the plastic pants made to be worn over disposable diapers. Not many people know there is one company that makes, and supplies the same plastic pant to Babykins, AND Fetware. The plastic pants sold by each of these companies are almost identical in size because the pants are made to the sizing spec's of each company. As such, there is very little difference, if any at all in the pant if you were to purchase from both companies. I HAVE bought these pants from both companies, and if you have done the same I bet you can't tell which pant came from which company. The pants from both companies are literally cut from the same material and manufactured using the same exact machine. I DON'T know if Babykins will accept (sell) custom fit plastic pants, I HAVE made my purchase of custom fit plastic pants from Fetware. Like I said, the ONLY catch is must buy at least one dozen pants for the company to make custom fit plastic pants. I don't know if any other diaper covers can be custom made to order or not. The only pants I've had custom made were the plastic pants made to be used with disposables. I wear these pants with both cloth, AND disposables with excellent diaper coverage and trim fit but this is what one would expect since the pant is custom fit.

Just so you know,....I have NOT received ANY form of compensation, including discount(s), from ANYONE because I provided information on where you can have at least one type of plastic pants custom made to order. Other retail companies may also offer this same service so you might want to keep this in mind the next time you get ready to buy diaper covers and don't want to buy any pants with excess material.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:07 am 

John,
It takes a long time to feel 'comfortable' in diapers - what ever type. But some where along this road of; Too Bulky! Too high, too low, too thick, not thick enough, etc. you will feel less stressed about all you now worry about. I too prefer cloth diapers but have finally gotten over the 'Bulk' thing. (well mostly). It takes time, lots of time for most, to finally say 'What the hell...." It is what it is! That day will come. Try to relax some. You have a long road ahead of you. I hope that day comes soon . Papa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:43 pm 

Don't misunderstand me, I've accepted being incon and wearing diapers, but I like to have the most absorbency with the least amount of bulk. The other thing that I'm careful about is odor. I'm bladder, and bowel incon so being ever mindful about odor management is another thing that rates right at the top of my list for awareness. Absorbency, stealth (no bulk), and odor control will always head my list of things to concerned about. When it comes to odor management, I'm very pleased with the results I get from Devrom. It's taken time, but I am totally self confident about all the products I use and also know the capabilities and limitations of each. I guess its kinda like learning how to ride a bicycle,......it takes time, and practice to profect the art.