www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Leaking diaper at night
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:58 pm 

So I'm not having the problem most people have which is leaking out the sides. I'm having problems leaking out the back. I have female anatomy and not sure how to fix this. Switching diapers wont work because I'm on a fixed income and with Medicaid I can only afford totaldry with tranquility boosters. I woke up with wet sheets, bed pad, and somehow comforter.
Dont need to be washing bedding all the time at 7am.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:11 pm 

I had the same problem. Could wake up wet from head to toe.
I solved it by wearing a cloth diaper over the disposable. Of course with a booster.
If I did suspect a really bad night, I added an extra booster inside the cloth diaper.
This combo needs an extra large plastic pant. I used the deluxe model from adult cloth diaper.com
This solution almost eliminated any leak. Good luck..

Last edited by optimist on Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:51 pm 

Yes, for those night time challenges, it will come down to some 'over-engineering' of your diaper protection.
Considering the privacy of your overnight hours, bulk is not the issue -- it is the solution.

Added booster(s), cloth over disposable with added pads, inserts or boosters, etc. It's all up to you to pad up aginst the
possibility of leaking onto sheets and bed pads.

And as Optimist points out, a very full cut vinyl pant or even bloomers (plastic or rubber) will more than
cover even the thickest diaper combo to keep all moisture contained.

Still, there are 'PeaPod' mats to put down for bed protection if you want to go that extra mile.

Heavy night wetting will challenge you, but there ARE solutions that many of us find. Call it innovation,
imagination or just plain 'trial & error', we manage this problem and we do succeed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:06 pm 

These PUL pants with the high waist also work great
https://www.plastic-pants.com/PolyUreth ... te-PUL.htm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:48 pm 

You know what's stupid? I wasnt wearing pul/plastic pants. The only cloth diapers I have are pocket and they are a little on the small side so I don't think they will fit over a disposable. So tonight I'll try either pul or plastic and report back tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:45 pm 

If you wear the plastic or PUL pants be sure to wear some type of cotton underwear over the disposable then the waterproof pant on top of that. You need something to absorb any leakage that occurs from the diaper. Just standard men or women's underwear will work fine. Let us know how everything works tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:44 am 

An old bath towel can be used as cloth diaper. That is what I used.
I bought diaper pins to keep it in place.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:03 am 

i have had the towel treatment used on me when i was younger and out of nappies i came down with a very bad bowel bug and had endless diarrhoea and couldn't even make it to the toilet so the next thing best thing was used a simple bath towel.

over here they do still use terry towelling for nappies for both babies to adults and when my incontinence started many years ago urinary i resorted to using them the downside is that they are very bulky but ideal for bed time situations.

back then there was very little over here in the UK so that was the obvious choice.

years later i am now back to using nappies but the modern stuff which seems to be doing the job and keeping me cool.

if i get any bad urinary infections from the catheter which can cause constant bypassing then i would hesitate to go back to the old methods in the end no one is going to see me indoors or in the bed, i think :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:26 pm 

Hey guys. Sorry I'm just now checking in. It's been a long hard day. I ended up in the er because I had an infected cyst that had to be drained and it was extremely painful.

Anyway. I was able to put a pocket diaper over a disposable then pul pants over that and boxers on top. It worked out well.

I'm zoning out from the pain killers but wanted to give an update. Thanks for the suggestions.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:17 am 

looks like we both in the pain zones i am taking tramadol and they do give a high for quite a while. just had ring the doctors service here as i am getting some very strange symptoms so am waiting for a phone call.

i feel okay apart from a weird thing going on and am just hoping it is not my potassium levels mucking around.

any way i hope that like me things settle down for you, that protection you was using i am not sure how you slept in it when i was using cloth that was bad enough it felt like i was sleeping in a giant waterproof cushion :lol:

all ways the same typing away and the phone rang :x

all the best and t.c