www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:12 pm 

Hey. I've been dealing with bed wetting since High School. I have a doctors appointment on the 7/24 to come up with a diagnosis. I've been wearing diapers since the 7/9 to manage my incontinence. My problem is though, if I wear diapers at night to manage my incontinence, can it eventually make me suffer during the day?

I ask because I've read many websites that say if you wear 24/7 and use them, you will become fully incontinent. Is this true if you just wear them at night? Or am I safe from this?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:22 pm 
Admin

Hi ianhulett, welcome to ISC ! I would like to think that daytime and nighttime problems are a bit different, they are for me anyhow. I would also like to think that wearing at night would have no effect on your daytime control, but if you wore 24/7, it certainly could make it harder for you in the long run. Be sure to let your GP know everything you can tell him, and ask whatever questions like this you can make a note of, he's the best person to ask, although some General docs are beyond out of the loop when it comes to bladder issues, that's where a good Urologist comes in. You will most likely be seeing one if your GP refers you, which he most likely will. :) Puffy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:26 am 

I have been wearing diapers at night for the last few months and so far have remained dry. My incontinents starts when I stir from my sleep and finishishes when I fall asleep at night.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:45 am 

you have been dealing with bedwetting since highschool, but just started wearing diapers at night a few weeks ago? Elaborate please. What did you do before?

In any case, I started wetting the bed again and wearing diapers at night about 3 years ago. It hasn't affected me during the day.

Last edited by MSUSpartan on Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:45 am 

MSUSpartan wrote:
you have been dealing with bedwetting since highschool, but just started wearing diapers at night a few weeks ago? Elaborate please. What did you do before?

Trying to resolve it without diapers.

When it began, within a year of an arson fire I was in, I was attending a private school, a social outcast, and if they found out I wore diapers, they'd never let it go.
I kept trying to solve it myself, while keeping it to myself. There were methods such as; go to bed at least an hour AFTER my last drink, reducing caffeine intake and drink early in the morning, and less in the evening. Legend has it, they didn't do squat.
I was then discharged from the private school I was in, to a mainstream High School and I wasn't popular, but I wasn't an outcast either. The kids had quite a bit of respect for me.

So, to sum it all up, I didn't wear diapers because I didn't want to risk the kids finding out. I didn't want to be reminded of it every single day in my old school, and I didn't want to lose respect in my new school. The only reason I wear them now is because I don't have to worry about school anymore. I'm not going to college, so I don't need to worry about that either. I'm sure that when I get a Job, every other employee there will be grown up and mature and wouldn't judge me if they were to find out.