Post any comments, remarks, ideas, observations, experiences, concerns or questions here.
Post a reply

Night Proofs briefs (diapers)

Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:52 pm

Our Sunday paper today included an advertisement for Night Proofs briefs (diapers) by first STREET for boomers and beyond. The ad claimed that these could absorb 104+ ozs, which is an impressive claim, if it is borne out by experience. They seem aimed at the Abena M4 and Molicare market segment. Has anybody tried these, or is this a new product from either a new company or the subsidiary of an older company?

Re: Night Proofs briefs (diapers)

Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:24 pm

Never heard of them either Patrick, certainly would make using a stuffer obsolete wearing something that can hold that much! http://www.firststreetonline.com/Healthy+Living/Incontinence/

104 oz is 3 Litres, or 3/4+ of a gallon... I know I put out more at home, but not that much! wow! :lol: Puffy (would be Puffier wearing those!) :shock:

Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:32 am

104 ounces of water weighs almost 7 pounds! That would make for an extremely droopy diaper. I guess it might be OK if you were in bed or sitting in a wheelchair. But I wouldn't want that much weight dangling between my legs as I walked around.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:15 pm

Wow! $2.15 each (non-introductory price) That sounds really expensive.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:29 pm

So, intrigued, I called these folks today. The guy I talked to said they'd been offering these for years, that they're imported from Italy, and they have a cloth-like cover with "Velcro" tabs. The price is a little out there, but I have to admit that I'm curious. Am I curious enough to pay nearly $40 for 15 diapers? Given that these would absolutely never be a regular staple for me, I'm not sure. Thinking about it.

-RMS

Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:09 am

Guys, before we get carried away with the 104 ounce absorbency, please recall that the Tena Slip Maxi holds about 140 ounces and the Tena Slip Ultima holds even more!

However, particularly for those who are ambulatory and out of the home, there is a practical limit to how much absorbed liquid one can handle. I cannot imagine the waddle caused by 140 ounces of liquid in a diaper! Plus, the weight is such that I doubt that my compression pants alone would be adequate in controlling the sag and bulk. Of course, we normally do not saturate a diaper to its maximum capacity before changing.

Are they marketing the Night Proofs diaper to nursing homes and continuing care communities? It seems too pricey for that - certainly more than a Tena Slip Maxi.

--John

Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:22 am

My guess is that "night" is the operative word - not meant for daytime use, and "proof" meaning it can take anything the night throws at it, as in "goof-proof" and "fool-proof".

Wetters

Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:35 am

Good one Wetters. Are we talking about a "Diapers for Dummies" book in the works?

Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:47 am

Well ... I've always been interested in trying my hand at writing. Maybe "Diapers For Dummies" (love the alliteration) is a good place to start. It's been said that aspiring writers should write about what we know!

Wetters

Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:23 pm

Writers - not to be confused with wetters. But that works, too, as is indicated by this forum (except for the "aspiring" part)....

Wetters
Post a reply