www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone heard of this?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:11 pm 

I was at the VA today and there was a flyer hanging up on the wall in urology advertising this.

There are two models, a cup like device, and a condom catheter like device, both detect urine and pump it out before it has a chance to leak or back flow out, which has always been a problem for me.

Seems like a lot of technology to manage incontinence, but if it works I'd be willing to try it, as I got another diaper rash that is driving me absolutely crazy right now, due to the fact I have had no running water at my house for 13 days due to a water main break.

The details are at http://www.vabladder.com

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:19 am 

I've recently switched from diapers to condom catheters & am still in the learning/adjustment phase. When I saw the first video I thought this was a perfect way to to keep the hose clear until I scrolled down & saw the price & daily use cost. That's WAY out of my league! $2700.00 for the kit & almost $15.00 per day in supplies? That's a lot of diapers or standard catheters. If it catches on & other companies jump on the bandwagon the pricing will come way down. I'll have to wait for that to happen before I can consider it.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:45 pm 
Admin

After watching the video, I think ill stick with my diapers.
I never did like using leg bags.

Schoppy

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:24 pm 

I agree with you schoppy. As I said earlier I'm switching from diapers to external catheters & have been working with Coloplast closely. I must admit my representative has been wonderful. Getting out of diapers has been a blessing & a curse so far. I had my diaper needs down to a science & now using a catheter the learning cycle has started over. Catheter size, adhesive issues, hose, leg bag, leg bag size & cleaning all have issues of some sort but it's getting easier. I think I'm at the point where things are starting to work well but am still waiting for any other surprises that I hope don't happen. Biggest plus so far is no sweating in the mid section. That's huge because I have started to dread summer & the heat associated with it. I'll still use diapers when I want to wear shorts as I really don't want people staring at my leg bag but around my house, which is rural, I'll probably wear shorts & the external catheter. So it will be mixed usage of both I'm sure.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:20 pm 

I'm jealous, in a way. I've never been able to get catheters to work without kinking and back flowing. I've tried many different catheters and adhesives to attach the tube to my leg, and while I've got it to work some of the time, I'm pretty active and I have always managed to have a leak while turned the wrong way or something, resulting in a catastrophic failure.

So until I find something else, I'll have to keep sticking with the molicare super pluses