www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:41 am 

Hello to everybody!!

My name is Fernando but my nickname since school is duque that´s why I used as nick. I´m a 33 year old male, student of Law, with a lot of hobbies but who wants to know about that can post me a private message I´ll be charmed to answer. I´m incontinent since I was 24, I had a sport accident and I had spinal injury in L4, very luckily after 6 months rehab I was able to walk again but I remained with no sensibility under the injury and neurological bladder, I also have fecal incontinence but not total as urinary, it just uses to happen me once a week or to weeks. Before that I had enuresis till the age 16 as all my brothers and sisters (brothers by my father not my mother). When I suffered that I thought it was a disgrace but later I realised it had help me to assume my later problem of my back. My solution to the incontinence is diapers used 24/7 (sometimes specially summer if I have skin dermatitis I put a urine bag of leg, but it is´nt very current).

After all I can´t walk as before I have a little loss of mobility under knees and with the sensiblity absence it makes a little difficult to stand and walk, but it´s not too evident, in fact I can still play table tennis (I am federated and not as disabled, I play with everybody, it´s the only sport I con do at the same level as before the accident) and with my diaper use I Sweared myself that as I had the luck to not remain stuck in the wheelchair (even if I did for the first long month) and with my enuresis younger experience I will not change ANYTHING Because of wearing diapers, and I believe that until this moment I´ve achieved it. All my closest friends know (and some even not so so close) my family and I also have had relations with girls, and serious relationships that finished for another things (but we remain as friends :) ). And why I do so? Because even if it ashames a little bit at the very first moment adult people use not to be as kids, they are respectful and kind specially if they appreciate you. And if someone discriminates me for the fact of wearing a diaper and being disabled it´s better to know it as soon as possible ´cause I don´t want to have a relation with him/her neither. Of course that in the working/college environment it´s not like that and I have to be more discreet.

Well, that´s me and my presentation, I hope I have posted it in the right place if not hope you managers move it to the right place ok? As I said if somebody wants to send me a private message I shall answer as quick as possible, anyway I´ll be posting frequently there where I can contribute with my knowledge, opinion experience or whatever.

I´m very happy to have found such a big place for us, here in Spain there´s some site similar but compared with this it seems prehistoric :oops: and I also find here people is not so free to speak about their incontinence even in the "anonymous" internet, thing that I don´t understand (thinking that a recent statistic numbered total incontinent persons in spain in near 5 million of 45 of population :shock: surprising, isn´t it?)

Thanks for your attention and see you around soon!! cheers. :lol: :lol: 8) 8)

Lord Duque "CARPE DIEM, ET QUAM MINIMUM CREDULA POSTERO" that´s my life lema :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:47 pm 
Admin

Welcome to the Forum Lord Duque, After 10 years of dealing with incon issues, I am sure you will have some valuable info to share with us, :) Puffy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:58 pm 

I hope so! And I´m sure that you will also! If we don´t help ourselves, who´s gonna do it for us!?
8) Thanks for your welcome and till next!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:08 pm 
Admin

Welcome to our forum family :D
I hope you have a great time here.

Schoppy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:34 pm 

I´m happy to be received so warmly, to call ourselves family shows clearly the complicity you have here with all the other "relatives". I´ll repeat I feel happy belonging to a community so cozy, where everyona cares about the other. I thank all of you again and I´ll do my best to help, and listen, and be helped and listened. Your welcome is like a present to me, I hope to return your interest soon. Sorry if I have some language trouble but I think my english is acceptable yet. If someone prefers spanish french or italian I also speak them (and better, specially spanish of course :P and french too). I´ll spend the night cheking the forum to see if there´s somewhere I can say something useful.

Cheers family!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:13 pm 

Count my greetings in as well. Welcome aboard.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:49 am 

Lord Duque wrote:
I´ll spend the night cheking the forum to see if there´s somewhere I can say something useful.

Welcome. You can write you comment in a Word or a similar program that has a spell checker and copy it into the forum afterwards.
Your stats about 5 million incons in Spain out of 45 million is hard to believe. I suspect incon is unreported since it is embarrassing and may people don't go for help or tell anyone about it, but still one out of nine sounds high. Maybe they included babies in the 5 million but I'm not even sure it that would make it/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:22 am 

Hi Vandel! Yes you are righy I use the google translator to read the posts just for confort. You were right. And about the stats I don´t know how the hell appeared the dollar icon in there!! What I was trying to say (and was a study from de national statistic institute I mean a government organism) is 5 million incontinents (including all diaper users, babys, bedwetters, retired and disabled and had its explanation of wich number corresponded to each group) of 45 million of population, that´person living in this country! Hope I cleared that little misunderstanding. Thanks for posting.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:22 pm 

Lord Duque,

Add my welcome to the others. I'm sure you will have a different, and useful, perspective from which to offer advice and support. I hope you will discover this as a useful and supportive community for incontinents.