www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Emotional rollercoaster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:35 pm 

This I was not expecting with my incontinence issue. The emotional roller-coaster. One day I am fine with this. I have got this. I leak a little. So what. A few days later I am not so... Sure? Some days I feel like "I can't control myself" "why am I doing this" or "I wet myself again." *sigh* Another doctors appointment soon. And my wife supports me with this.
Things will get better or I will deal with this. Or a little of both.

Scott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:16 pm 
Admin

Totally hear you Scott, I am the same way, some days it is nothing at all, other days I don't want to do anything at all but sleep. Sounds like you are on track to figure it all out with another doc appt, good on ya. It is also good to see you have a supportive wife beside you, isn't that what being married is all about, better or worse? I see many divorces these days over such petty minor issues it makes you wonder why they got married at all? Hang in there, you will get thru this, 8) Puffy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:36 am 

Thank you for the shoulder to lean on! I was reading about the medication my urologist has me on and found the following.
[quote]Treats depression. May also be used to treat bedwetting in children. This medicine is a tricyclic antidepressant.[/quote]
Or,
[quote]Imipramine is a tricyclic antidepressant primarily used in multiple sclerosis is to treat bladder symptoms, including urinary frequency and incontinence[/quote]

So maybe the antidepressant aspect will make it so it really doesn't matter to me if I leak... :lol:

On my good days emotionally dealing with this my biggest problem is the urinary frequency. During the day is ok, waking up 3 or sometimes 4 times a night to urinate can wear me down.

Scott

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:12 pm 
Admin

Scott, I had the offer of meds from my doc, have not tried any yet, but hear of all kinds of horrible side effects that are worse then the frequency and urges, so for now I am staying away from that route but am not totally closed off to it in the future if things get worse.

I can wet at night and not even know it, so a good level of absorbancy in a diaper takes that off my plate. I also battle prostatitus, so I am up and down like a yo-yo all night, well I used to anyhow, now I just go seeing I am wet most nights anyhow, it made a world of difference actually getting some sleep. Some may disagree with using a brief if you can get up, but when you actually need to be alert and on the go all day, it is the best option for me, to each his own I say. I also use an external catheter for night time and it is a good option for staying hydrated and dry, takes some getting used to though, now I sleep like it is not even there. I tend to limit what I drink during the morning and afternoon, but make up with fluids when I get home and have no running around to do, it has taken a few years to get a working system, but I don't get dehydrated too often now, used to be all the time, Puffy