www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:41 pm 

Hey everyone, I have been dealing with partial bowel incontinence/anal leakage for a little while now (2 weeks) probably caused by the incomplete evac (sorry if that is a little too much info). While I'll admit that I am still going through some tests with the doctor and I am still hopeful that I can get the cause diagnosed and treated. However, the doc didn't really give any good in the meanwhile advice for smell and absorption. I realize that there is a preferred product list and and all that but, that seems a little overwhelming to sift through when I am just starting. I guess I am saying which products do think work in my case or at the very least I'd like to know a decent starting point to see what works.... and if there is any info you think would help you in guiding me to some products let me know and I'd be happy to post.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:45 pm 
Admin

Hello pipsydoodles, welcome aboard, sorry to hear of your troubles that make you sign up to a forum on this issue, but I am sure like I was, you were glad there was one out there to get assistance from. As far as products, what have you been doing to cope? That will short list the possible options of what you may not have tried, and others on here that deal with bowel know of the stuff available on the market that after you have started using it, no one will have any idea if you have just had an episode standing right next to them,, they apparently work that good... hang in there, others will chime in and offer tips and tricks... :) Puffy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:07 am 

Maybe this could help?

I do not have a good link to give you, but take a look at medical anal plugs.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:34 pm 

@ Puffy Pants I haven't really tried anything serious it just kinda makeshift pad kinda deals. To better explain a 'makeshift' pad I guess it is a bandaid pad like curad non stick pads and then I wipe some deodorant (not the antiperspirant kind) on some toliet paper and then kinda place it all in the crack and hope the pad can absorb whatever leakage and deodorant will deter the smell and for the incontinence issue I hope for the best I am near a toilet else some seems to leak out.

@ optimist I am not against that idea but I understand those to be temporary as in a few hours not all day kinda deal. More over, if it turns out it has to do with weakened sphincter muscles I don't want to continually train the muscles to say it is okay to be in that relaxed state or such is my logic on that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:00 pm 

Hello nullo works for the odors. If your accidents are big enough might want to consider a brief/diaper.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:32 pm 

hmmm diane that's a pretty good idea I'll talk to my doctor about it and see if it will be applicable in my case.