www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Something new
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:32 am 

I have noticed it has been a bit quite here lately. I check in almost every day and see if there are any new posts to comment on. I have not seen much. I guess that is because everyone else is doing the same thing. So.... here comes a new one!

Status update: I have noticed some improvement over the past few weeks. I have not been very good at documenting any issues I have had related to foods or drink. I have personally come to the conclusion that my problem stems from lower back issues related to years of being overweight. I am now making some lifestyle changes to improve the weight situation. I really need to be about 1/2 of what I weigh right now. I figure it will take some time but it is worth the effort.

I started a new program called "My Body Key." It starts with a genetic test to determine your best diet and exercise plan based on your geocode (genetic makeup). Then it is planned out from there. I have been exercising every morning before my shower and having a smoothie for breakfast. Today marked the first day I had a protein shake for breakfast. (My that was good!)

As a side note, if anyone wants some information on what I am doing I will be happy to share. I am looking to be part of a weight loss challenge that is set up for teams of 5 so I am still looking for people to be on my team to win some prizes. Prizes of based on activity logged not actual weight loss.

Medical update: Ok, not much of an update here. I still have not talked with my primary about my incon. That is mostly because it has improved. I still keep backup's with me just in case. I don't want to be somewhere and find I am suddenly having issues and not be prepared. But as I said above, I really believe that most of it is caused by weight. My primary has already stated that most of the medical issues I currently have (That he knows about) and daily perscriptions would go away with weight loss and a healthier lifestyle.

Another side note, I am reading a very good book right now. It is "The Slight Edge" by Jeff Olson. My favorite quote is, "Diets don't work, they can't. They're doomed to fail because most diets dictate what your actions should be. They don't deal with where your actions come from. The only reliable, consistent way to control your attitudes - that control your actions, which control your results - is to control your thoughts. And the source of your thoughts is your philosophy."

To me that makes so much sense. I have changed my philosophy of who I am and how healthy I am and what my ideal weight is. This has changed my thoughts regarding food which then has changed what and how I eat. That will result in my body becoming what my mind and philosophy sees my body as.

Anyway, that is all for now. Please feel free to comment or ask any questions. I am generally an open book and will answer any question honestly. Have a great day!

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

Post subject: Re: Something new
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:41 pm 

Sounds like you have found something to help you with the weight loss so i hope it works and, also, that you will keep us posted with the results.

I have only lost a tiny part of my weight (40lbs), my abdomen was getting fat, using Myfitnesspal.com which I still use. We are all different, though, so lots of ways ought to work.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:16 pm 
Admin

Yes, been very quiet around these parts lately... good to hear that you are tackling issues in life that add to your woes, good on ya... :) I have the opposite problem, I can't gain weight, no matter what I eat, I have such a high metabolism that it gets burned off about as fast as I take it in. Everyone said at 30 I would notice that change, 15 years later and still the same! :shock: Puffy

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:10 am 

Thanks Wheels. I will keep everyone posted. So far the first week I lost 10lbs then gained 2 now this week lost 4. So I am average down by 12. Things are going well and I notice I do not eat as much or as bad as I used to. I don't have near the cravings I used to have as well. I have had some trouble the past few days with the exercise and have not done that. I am going to get back on that this week.

Puffy, I'm not sure I should be sorry for you or envious. It can stink when the whole world is talking about losing weight and you are struggling to put it on. I think that the focus should be on good health and a healthy lifestyle not just on a certain weight target. I am making changes in my life to improve my health overall. At this point in my journey since my weight number is where it is, that is what I am focusing on at this point. Once I get closer to a healthy range in that number, I am sure I will be focusing on other points of reference. Best I can say to you is, live healthy my friend.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:35 pm 
Admin

I totally hear what you are saying msshendo, I really feel for people that look at a food itme, and gain weight just from doing that, figuratively of course... I try and eat healthy, but as a batchelor, my cooking is not up to where it should be, but I try... Puffy