www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:09 pm 

An quick update on my issue.
I purchased a few different types of products to help me with my dribbling problem.
1)Wearever underwear. Most uncomfortable underwear I have ever tried. Does not seem to fit correctly. (At least on me anyway.) And the protection value was low too. Minor dribbling once in awhile could be handled. Anything more? No, you are getting wet. (At least for me anyway.)
2) Specialty Underwear World. Fits much better. (I understand that these are made from brand new regular underwear) Sized a bit large for me but maybe they will shrink. I would consider buying more of these for my minor dribbling problem.
3)Health Dri Mens Heavy briefs. Expensive. But I will say that the Health Dri pants do work. But they are sized large. (At least for me.) I have about a 41" waist and the waistband comes up to my belly button. (really) Since I can't take these back I will just roll the waistband down. Would I buy more of these? Maybe. They do work for me, I would just have to shop to find a better price and select a size smaller than I normally wear.
4)Tena Male Pads. While these are not reusable, I decided to give these a try anyway. Seems to work ok for me, but I think I need underwear that is a bit snugger to hold the pad in place better.
Maybe biking shorts? Or perhaps someone here can give me an idea or two.
5)Depends Real Fit for Men. I bought a sample pack of these during a bad day at work in which the stress of the day was causing me problems. I was surprised, the Depends worked really well for me. But I really want something reusable that would cost me less in the long run.
I have not been to the doctors yet for my problem. I have been run, run, running with other issues including taking my daughter to the doctors and the therapist for her arm that she broke just before Christmas. But I do need to fit a Doctors appointment in.

Scott

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:00 pm 
Admin

For dribbling, which is how my incon started, I wore tena guards in regular underwear. They worked well. I found that disposable pull-up underwear work better such as the depend real fits. Those would work fine for light leakage. I'm sure others will tell you that you need to be evaluated by a doctor. Like I said, my incontinence started with minor dribbling, now I am completely incontinent of bladder and bowel. So I believe a doctor is pertinent and could solve your problem. Good luck!