www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:05 pm 
Admin

I looked on XPmedicals website and according to Gary, abena is discontinuing the small S4 Xplus and is only going to make the Super and Extra in cloth material. The only plastic backed is going to be the M4 and L4. I am thoroughly disappointed in this decision. I cannot wear cloth backed diapers because they irritate my skin and cause a yeast infection. I have to switch my diaper prescription at the VA which is not easy. I was pleased with the Extra. It was my primary daytime diaper. But I can't use it anymore. Gary ordered the remaining Abena stock so he will be the sole supplier until supplies run out. I have to look for a suitable replacement that the VA is willing to purchase. How upsetting!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:33 pm 
Admin

Not what you wanted to hear from Abena, I am sure. I can totally understand the cloth issue with walking, I don't wear all day long, so for the short time I am wearing something, I don't notice it, but if it becomes an all day necessity in the future, I would go to a plastic backed brand as well, and strangely enough it will not be Depends! :lol: The other problem is what is available with shipping that won't break the bank to get it to Canada if I don't find a Canadian supplier, guess that bridge will be crossed when I get to it, hopefully never though! Keep us informed Don, I am sure there are many here that use them, and will want the latest info, Puffy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:59 am 

That is very sad to know. I avoid cloth backed because of skin irritation also. After a couple of days my inner thighs are completely raw. I'm glad I use the M4 and they are going to stay with the plastic backing for now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:10 am 
Admin

I talked to XPmed and they bought up the remaining stock of plastic backed products. According to Nicholas at XP, it should last for quite a while. Abenas market in the US is only about 15%. The Europeans are making all the decisions due to the fact that European govt's are demanding cloth backed products. So all of this is caused by marketing teams and politicians who don't actually have to wear the products.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:01 pm 
Admin

Don wrote:
So all of this is caused by marketing teams and politicians who don't actually have to wear the products.

Nice! Isn't that the way it always seems to be, choices made by people who really have no knowledge on what they are exactly choosing? I luv the Gubbermint! :roll: Puffy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:25 am 

Puffy Pants wrote:
Don wrote:
So all of this is caused by marketing teams and politicians who don't actually have to wear the products.

Nice! Isn't that the way it always seems to be, choices made by people who really have no knowledge on what they are exactly choosing? I luv the Gubbermint! :roll: Puffy

I fear that it's far more than just the government, there are many other areas where those who make the rules don't play the game. Priests (who never marry) tell us to avoid birth control. Insurance executives with golden policies tell you to wait until Medicare kicks in before they will pay for the procedure you need now. Then there is that massively overweight guy behind home plate who decides the success of professional athletes.

I'm done ranting for now...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:37 am 

Puffy Pants wrote:
%%snip%% The other problem is what is available with shipping that won't break the bank to get it to Canada if I don't find a Canadian supplier, guess that bridge will be crossed when I get to it, hopefully never though! Keep us informed Don, I am sure there are many here that use them, and will want the latest info, Puffy

Did you ever find a supplier? If not http://www.B4NS.com sells Abena in Canada.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:12 pm 
Admin

Yes, I have ordered from them in the past, but was a few years ago, I do know of that one anyhow if need be, thanks, :) Puffy