www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:54 pm 

justej wrote:
I wear an xl and betterdry doesn’t come in that

Just be patient. Betterdry come in an xl in Europe now, so I’m guessing soon in US, maybe after this crazy pandemic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:02 pm 

justej wrote:
Patrick - cloth is just too expensive. I cannot spend the initial amount even though it will save in the long run. And I don’t have my own washer and dryer so that’s an added expense/chore...... Also I live in a studio apartment and there isnt a place to store used cloth diapers

justej:
That's my point about using a cotton "booster" pad. They are small enough (28" x 28") that they can be rinsed out in a sink, they are also cheap. If you add a little detergent or bleach when you clean them in the sink you wouldn't even need to put them in a washing machine, just clean, rinse, squeeze out, and hang to dry. Since they are only one layer when unfolded they dry very quickly. I really think you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't at least try a cotton booster pad in your premium diaper, I think you'll be surprised at how well it works to eliminate leaks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:42 pm 

Padded - I'll order some when I get paid next month. I do have spare wash cloths though. Would that work?

I would like to report I’ve had success with the last two diapers I’ve worn with a booster pad and Pul pants. I’m about to shower and try on the new xp medical diaper.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:40 pm 

One last report. I’m wearing a northshore supreme with a booster pad to bed with a Gary pul pant over it. I’m sleeping on a chux pad and a reusable bed pad.

I’ll report back in the morning.

I also want to say that I think the most frustrating thing of all is I’ve been wearing for over 5 years. Since my amputation I’ve gained weight and it has totally thrown me off. I’m doing my best to lose the weight but it’s hard because I’m not very mobile yet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:41 am 

It leaked through everything. I give up

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:14 am 

justej wrote:
Padded - I'll order some when I get paid next month. I do have spare wash cloths though. Would that work?

Yes wash cloths should work OK, just fold the cloth several times so it fits well within the standing leak guards. Then when you put the diaper on make sure the elastic leg gathers are firmly against your skin for as far as you can reach forwards and backwards.

BTW... After rinsing out the wash cloths they will probably take a good bit longer to dry than the flour sack towels which seem to dry in just minutes when hung in a single layer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:01 pm 

The towel sacks may help because I’m actually leaking through the diaper. For instance last night I wore a supreme with booster. I didn’t wet at night but once I got up I flooded and it went through the diaper, through the garywear pul pants and onto my pajamas. I have a paralyzed neurogenic bladder so I fill then without warning release. I’m at my wits end.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:00 pm 

justej wrote:
The towel sacks may help because I’m actually leaking through the diaper. For instance last night I wore a supreme with booster. I didn’t wet at night but once I got up I flooded and it went through the diaper, through the garywear pul pants and onto my pajamas. I have a paralyzed neurogenic bladder so I fill then without warning release. I’m at my wits end.

After reading this I think your issue may volume per release and simply the diapers are unable to absorb your level of fluid at one time, does this mostly happen when you transition from lying down to being vertical? how do the products work for the rest of the time during the day?

my suggestion based on this info is you should get a bedside urinal or commode that you can use before get out of bed, it seems like your bladder holds fluid well enough or at least commonly enough in your lying downstate to Flood when you transition from your lying downstate, so with practice and in theory you could use the urinal /commode when you make the initial transition and capture the initial flood.

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:09 pm 

It mostly happens that way yes. The rest of the time I may get a small leak but nothing usually too bad. I have no room for a commode. (I live in a studio apartment) and I don’t think I have the dexterity for a urinal. I guess I’m screwed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:46 pm 

I'm sorry You are dealing with this. Leaks are annoying and aggravating at the very least. And downright humiliating at their worst. I am quadriplegic so I need a care giver or My husband. Basically In the morning before I get out of bed and transfer to My chair. I need to be changed. The fact that I move very little in bed or My chair somewhat helps as far as not having many leaks. I have probably leaked through a brief more often in a sitting position then in bed. But for Me basically a over night plastic backed brief or even 2 briefs as demonstrated in a video posted in another thread today. Leaks are rare. Are You able to change Yourself in bed first thing before You get up? If so perhaps keep Your products within reach for morning? I hope something helps.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next