www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:58 am 

I think the point of the test should be to point out the way they preform with all variables the same so you can have an IDEA of what might set one apart from another. There is no way to test a diaper for real work use other then to use it in the real world. What I get out of those test is information on the different ways they preform with each other and go from there. An example would be one brief that shows it can only hold 7oz vs. one that can hold 24. With that I can see one IS better then another. Another would be the test that shows how fast they absorb. For me, I don't flood so one that soaks up fast is not as important as a brief that wicks the liquid to the rest of the brief. It is all just good information to guide us. Surely here we can all agree that we find certain briefs fit us better then other ones. There can be no test that can tell us that answer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:43 am 

Very well said Rope. I know I went through a whole bunch of samples and am still trying out new products just to figure what fits right for me. We all go through a trial period of figuring out what works best and go from there. I found I had to do that again just recently when we moved to an appartment. I went from mostly using cloth to using disposables again because I didn't want to bring the cloth diapers to the laundromat every week. I'd rather deal with taking the trash to the dumpster every week.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal