www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:50 am 

For me, it has not made a huge difference. I am trying to wear my diapers to near maximum to get the most out of them and reduce the total number of diapers I am using. Some days I can get by with only two diapers (these are covered by absorbent cloth pull-ups to catch any leaks) for a 24-hour period.

I am prepared to use cloth diapers to stretch out my stock of disposables. I have a stock of both day and night cloth diapers and so am prepared to survive a brief shortage of disposables.

Of course, I have more disposable diapers in stock than usual - about a two-month supply. :oops: That did not seem unreasonable. As I am bowel incontinent, I also have a larger stock of wipes. I need to pick up some more absorbent underpads. I think I have enough barrier creams.

I would make an effort to avoid having to change in a public restroom :( , but I already do that. If I anticipated having to change in a public restroom, i would carry hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes in addition to my normal changing kit.

My personal hygiene and hygiene at diaper changing remains the same.

What about the rest of you?

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:19 am 

I’m wearing longer than normal as well. It’s not good for my skin health though. Being on disability and living paycheck to paycheck I am unable to stockpile diapers. I have enough to last me until I get my next check on the 3rd and then I’ll only have enough to get a months worth.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:52 pm 

I'm wearing longer than normal as well. Here in Europe we have been instructed to stay home for some weeks.
My morning routine was getting up, having breakfast then taking off my nighttime diaper, getting washed up (shower) and finally getting ready for work (including pull-up pants).
Now I'm working from home so I'm wearing longer my nighttime diaper as I'm getting washed up later.
Since the epidemic has arrived here, I'm suffering from deep anxiety attacks that have worsened my daytime wetting issues. So even though I'm home, I feel safer wearing a tab-style diaper during the daytime as well. I flooded my desk chair during an anxiety attack so I thought it was better like that. The few times I'm going out, I'm also wearing a diaper instead of pull-up as I'm worried about using public restrooms.

So I clearly can state that coronavirus has changed my diapering habits.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:54 pm 

I am the seem here, I normally don't like pushing it, but with many places closed it is difficult to find a suitable place to change when I have to be out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:34 am 

It has changed them some but not too drastically. I've tried to reduce my usage of all disposable items to a minimum and like many here am trying to get the maximum usage out of my regular diapers. Instead of using disposable Male Guard pads in my daytime diapers I've been using my "nighttime" folded cotton pads as often as possible. A bonus is that the cotton pad seems to improve the wicking into the main diaper so more of the diaper is used. I've also reduced the number of disposable wipes I use by using regular cotton wash cloths to clean up. I'll often add just a bit of alcohol to the disposable wipes I use and since alcohol has been one of the items that has been impossible to buy I've really cut down on the amount I'm using. Fortunately I do have a small supply that should last me for a month or two but after that who knows? Obviously there is a bit more laundry but again not to a huge amount.

Staying around the house 24/7 has given me the opportunity to try out a couple of different diapering ideas that I might otherwise been reluctant to try. One thing I tried is putting one of my folded cotton pads inside of a very inexpensive (Attends) pull-up. It has worked surprisingly well and allows me to get two or even three small wettings into it instead of just one. In fact this concept might work to turn an inexpensive store brand diaper into a truly usable item. Even though my experiments have worked out well I've been wearing my Gary PUL pants full time until I get to the point of being confident that I'll have no leaks. I know my Wife likes this as she thinks I should be wearing my PUL pants full time anyway.:( I guess especially so now as we just got a new light colored leather couch.:o

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:38 am 

As Padded has mentioned, this is an excellent time to experiment with your diapering. There is no one to notice that your diaper is bulging and no one to notice if you experience an accident. :D

Right now I am experimenting with my "super diaper" layered hybrid combination, consisting of cloth over a disposable. I am wearing a NorthShore Megamax with a booster, then a thin flannel cloth pullup, then a very thick cloth pull-up, then a PUL diaper cover. :shock:

The cloth pull-ups both are from Kins. The thick cloth pullup is about the same thickness as a daytime cloth diaper. I have used this combination previously for long overnights where I continue working the next morning before I change. I am experimenting to see how well I tolerate the bulk during the day. When I wear for long periods I always apply a barrier cream for skin protection.

What else is anyone trying?

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:59 pm 

For me, I went ahead and got two more cases just if and have been trying to use cloth as much as possible. I also increase my normal load of cloth diapers from 6 to 7 to get more out of my cleaning supplies.
Also like the rest here, I have also been pushing what I wear to the max to get the most out of them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:01 pm 

I will be placing my orders for more disposables sooner than I used to. I understand that shipping issues abound.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:21 am 

My "super diaper" experiment was successful but showed that all the extra absorbency in the cloth pull-ups was excessive. I will scale back the cloth pull-ups worn over the disposable diaprer. Someone not accustomed to cloth diapers probably would find the bulk to be uncomfortable.

--John
(double incontinent)