www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Megamax questions
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:07 am 

Guys, I am having good luck with the NorthShore MegaMax diapers, but I first had to experiment with samples to determine which size gave me the best fit. I have had a good experience with the MegaMax both as a night diaper and as a day diaper worn under relaxed jeans when I require an unusually long time between changes.

Both diapers have a very high absorbency. On the down side, both diapers have so much SAP and so little fluff pulp that they wick very little.

We could quibble, but IMHO the plastic and tapes are satisfactory on both diapers. The internal standing leak guards are excellent on both diapers - at least 1 ½" tall.

For any of us, a good fit is the most important single criterion in selecting a diaper and the MegaMax will not be the best choice for everyone.

As a night diaper I have worn the MegaMax for over 9 hours without a leak, 11 hours when worn with a booster pad.

My preferred (and usual) night diaper is the Rearz Inspire +In Control. However, the Inspire is a somewhat expensive diaper. Remember, the NorthShore MegaMax is $2.12 each, when bought by the case, while the Inspire +In Control is $2.83. That is a significant price difference.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:06 am 

hmmm just broke into the most recent order of the MAX and something seemed off right out of the bag.
I would normally open the the thing up and set it on the counter and it would practically stand on its own in a ready position,
they were always a bit stiff in the quilting that I think caused this. first one out of the new case just flops around. padding seems way thinner
with no stiffness at all. this is fresh out of the bag which I noticed was not near as hard to get out of as usual.
going to bed now so will have a better idea of the performance when I wake.
dunno if the north shore folks monitor here but would like any opinion on the matter.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:12 pm 
Admin

I actually quit using the megamax. I wore them for a few weeks but overtime found that they were gaping between my legs when wet. They do absorb a lot of fluid but when the diaper got heavy, it could not hold its own weight leading to gaps between the diaper and my legs which would allow waste to escape. I understand north shores intentions of the ultra strong tapes to hold the diaper up. I still only got about 4 hours out of them during the day. When I wore them at night, I’d put them on tight. When I woke in the morning, the diaper would start falling down as I walked to the bathroom to change. It just can’t stand up to all the weight of my nighttime enuresis. This can’t be an isolated incident. I had this issue out of multiple packages and over several weeks of wear. And yes. I was wearing the right size.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:33 am 

follow up to my post above. woke up yesterday afternoon after my 8 hours of sleep and for the first time using the max had a wet bed.
and the diaper was like a sack of jello. nothing at all like previous max briefs I had. while the old ones would swell. the gel never moved around.
these were honestly just like holding up a sack of jello. was like it was 100% sap with 0 padding. will have to contact northshore directly to see whats up with these.
reminds me when the air supreme was fantastic and then seemed to loose a bit of performance but the max change is much worse. will be using the rest of the case
to see if last night was a one off.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:04 am 

It is interesting that we are having such different experiences with the Megamax. I purchased a case and have been using MegaMax every night and during some days. My experience continues to be a good one, waking in a very wet diaper - but a dry bed. :D

I suspect that the fit may be different for us.

I wear 3 diapers, with a booster pad, per day. By the time I change, they are close to their capacity. I should note that, when wearing any super absorbent diaper to near its capacity, I expect it may sag. I always wear a onesie, diaper suspenders, or both to support the diaper. That way the diaper remains well supported and with the internal leak guards and leg gathers in close contact with my body, reducing the risk of a leak.

For those of us who are bowel incontinent, the excellent internal standing leak guards do their job well in keeping fecal material in the main channel of the diaper and away from the leg gathers.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:16 am 

the ones I had no issues with are mfr date 12/26/2018 or earlier. the batch that has the issue was from May of this year. looks like
the communications I am getting from Northshore on the matter indicate there are several complaints about the issues and they are looking into the problem.
I guess adam is now doing tests on them.. I will await further info from NS.,. I had a perfect record with the Max until the case I got a couple weeks ago.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:04 am 

it appears that Northshore May be bringing some of the Manufacturing in house which should help.
https://www.nonwovens-industry.com/contents/view_online-exclusives/2019-10-17/catering-to-the-moderate-to-heavy-incontinence-sufferer/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:23 pm 

fanoftherichISC wrote:
the ones I had no issues with are mfr date 12/26/2018 or earlier. the batch that has the issue was from May of this year. looks like
the communications I am getting from Northshore on the matter indicate there are several complaints about the issues and they are looking into the problem.
I guess adam is now doing tests on them.. I will await further info from NS.,. I had a perfect record with the Max until the case I got a couple weeks ago.

We have discovered that the factory made changes to MegaMax in the May 2019 batches without our knowledge or approval. They are generally very similar but different in some very subtle ways. We do prefer the prior design as many customers have mentioned. We are visiting with the factory in China this week in an effort to work all this out and return to prior design asap. We sincerely apologize for the confusion and for this sudden change. We are working around the clock to restart production of the prior design hopefully very soon.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:55 pm 

Adam:
Thanks for the update. It's this kind of customer service that sets Northshore above all the rest.

Last edited by Padded53 on Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:17 pm 

Padded53 wrote:
Adam:
Thanks for the update. It's this kind of customer service they sets Northshore above all the rest.

Thx for your support.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next