www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Here we go again!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:40 pm 

Its been almost a year without any real issues with my OBA/Urge incontinence but recently I've been having bigger issues with holding things again. I had a major accident in front of my wife/Girlfriend, and having bed wetting issues coming back. Right now for night time I'm using Attends six tab diapers, and depends pull ups for the day, so far they are doing ok given the fact that I have leaked more then twice. I hope whats going on is just going to last awhile, but I know it won't and instead get worse. I used to use M4s as my go to diaper but I don't have any of those laying around and not the money to get them regularly so I'm kinda stuck wearing what i got. I was wondering if anyone knows of a better diaper thats as good as the M4 but at a cheaper cost and a diaper or pull up for my daytime issues.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:57 am 

In a pinch I've used the Walgreen's "Certainty" brand fitted briefs (diapers). Although they don't have the capacity of an M4 Abena, I've found them to work surprisingly well and can easily handle 2+ full wettings. They seem to run true to the sizes listed on the package and although they don't have leak guards they have pretty good leg elastics and velcro type tabs which are very, very strong and can be refastened many times. They don't have a lot of SAP (but there is some) so they wick fairly well, and since these diapers are quite wide and thick at the crotch there's a good bit of capacity
I live in Florida where it's usually hot and humid and I like the full cloth sides which are a lot cooler for me. For sure these aren't premium diapers, not by a long shot, but they will take several full wettings for sure. They're very reasonably priced and can often be found on sale where you get 50% off on a second pack, so actually they can be very cost effective. I feel it's the best low priced diaper out there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:05 pm 

I also like Walgreen's Certainty diapers. I add a Depend guard as a booster and they work well for me. To make the guard a flow through I use my utility knife and make slits in the back of the guard before I attach it to the diaper. I use them when I travel, at home I stay with my cloth pocket diaper.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:31 am 

I should have mentioned adding a "Guard" pad too, I often use that trick and it works great. You can easily tell when the pad gets full because they have a lot of SAP and swell up a good bit. At that point (if you didn't use the adhesive strip feature) you can simply reach into your diaper and pull the pad out and you will usually have a good bit of diaper capacity left. I sometimes cut slits into the pad too but you have to really cut into them and open up the hole or it won't have much flow-thru due to the SAP kind of closing things up. I will often keep an extra pad in my pocket to replace a full one when I'll be out and about for an extended time. This combo is very cost effective as the pads only cost about $.25 each.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:28 pm 

You could go with the Tena Super. Very absorbent, but low profile, and very discreet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:15 pm 

Thanks for the feed back. I have used the walgreens tab diapers when first starting out, although they didnt work for me and would often leak for me. Instead of going back to that Im most likely going to stay with the Attends and add either a booster or the pads that you guys recommended. I'm also now looking into adding a plastic pants to that equation for night time, so if you guys know any good places/products, suggestions would be nice!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:20 pm 

My plastic pants suppliers include dmponline, AdultClothDiaper, and AngelFluff. Google the topic to get other suppliers. Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:07 pm 

I really like the Leakmaster PUL pants from AdultClothDiaper.com . I believe that they are made by GaryWear which is a huge plus since the quality is great. I wear the LeakMaster PUL side-snap pants for the day since I find them much cooler but at night I switch to the regular non-snap PUL pants with no side openings. Note that the "Active Brief" PUL pants also work well but they are not as full cut as the Leakmasters. Yes they are a bit expensive but they are worth every penny.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:55 pm 

I was looking at the LeaskMaster Pul pants, I just have a question about the sizing of the plastic pants. I'm 6'3" and around 230 lb and use a medium in my incontinence protection, wo with that info what size would be the best for me?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:53 am 

I'm 5'10" and 225 lb with a 40" waist and I wear an X-Large LeakMaster PUL pant. In my experience, and as JD mentioned in another thread, it seems to work much better if your plastic pants are a good bit larger than you'd think, almost baggy even. This gives everything a little room to move/expand and not put any pressure on the leg elastics which could increase the chance of a leak. With all of the above in mind, and even though it sounds like you are a good bit slimmer than I am, I would guess that you would want the X-large since there seems to be a pretty large jump in dimensions between the large and X-large sizes.