Switch to full style
Please let us know how you like this forum
or any ideas that you may have for improving
this forum. Also the latest forum info.

Post a reply

Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:17 pm

I guess I'm here because this site tilts towards diapers as a preferred management tool for incontinents. All the other management tools failed me. Detrol and Ditropan gave me such intense drymouth that I was drinking enough to float a rowboat, making each and every day a day-long accident. I've had external catheters come unglued in the most awkward situations imaginable, including my boss's car. When my then urologist told his nurse to teach me to self-cath, the sphincters clamped shut, making insertion impossible. I'm not a candidate for artificial sphincter implantation. Because I've had a sphincterotomy and a TURP, I leak continually, and because I have occasional episodes of bowel leakage, diapers and waterproof pants are the way to go for me. Does this make me AB/DL? No. Call them a lifestyle if you wish, but they work for me; they enable me to meet my obligations and go about my daily routine as nothing else has. Carl

Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:01 am

Hi Carl

Just wanted you and all the other good people on this board to know that your view has my full support at least.

Love

Marjorie

Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:56 pm

I agree with Marjorie.

Nobody here is going to judge your choice in using diapers to manage your incontinence. While incontinence may not be a disease in itself, I think your experiences with drugs lend credence to the old saying "Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease!"
Post a reply