www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:43 am 
Nice site, but there is just a little to much focus on diapers for me to feel comfortable right off the bat (thus I've not registered).

Your menu on the left is diaper dependent!

Suggestions:
--break out your "disertation" on catheters into its own link and page.
--Rather than jumping right to diapers like one of the annoying diaper lovers would (which I hope the owner is not), why not cover the spectrum of absorbant protection? We don't all need diapers all the time!
--How about some information about treatments and medications available?

The more I write the more uncomfortable I am. Just a little too much focus on diapers for my liking.....

Post subject: ideas
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:33 pm 
Admin

Thankyou for your ideas for this homepage.
We are currently working on some new stuff.
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:44 pm 
No, the owner isn't one of those people, and this is perhaps one of the only forums that won't get "taken over" by those type of people (I'm sure you've seen it).

As for being centered around diapers, it might be true to some extent, but for a lot of people with incon it's part of everyday's life. I don't need to wear 24/7 (mostly night and outings) as detrol is helping a lot, but again, most of us use them at least part-time. But that's changing anyways. He's adding new stuff, and there will be a LOT more changes coming up later. Diapers sure aren't the only solution to this, it's more like a last resort, but for some people that's what it comes down to... Personally, I want to give a try to leg bags, as soon as I find myself a new (good) uro.

Post subject: homepage updates
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:47 pm 
Admin

There are now some new updates to the homepage.
There will be more updates and more sections in the future.

Post subject: Jumping right to diapers
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:52 am 

Well, I fully understand the AB/DL implications and for purposes of this discussion we have to assume they do not exist.

I think the progression with incontinence can be lengthy and painfull, that is painful from an emotional stand point. And, yes, incontinence varies greatly but in the case of that which creeps up on you with the need to find a bathroom in a hurry (or else!) it seems that most of us will deny we have a problem. The accidents continue, we keep managing to cover up the accidents. We know about the adult incontinence products in the stores but we don't need them! (A bit more denial). Then my fear is when we finally resort to some protection, it is pads or liners or something probably inadequate and it leaks and we determine that incon products don't work and then curtail our life style.

While I have my own experience in this matter, when I wasn't going a wear a diaper no matter what, I prefer to talk of a recent experience with a woman who was having increasing incon difficulty and while she greatly enjoyed going out with us routinely to a nice resturant for a nice meal and a catch up chat, she dropped out. Worry about getting to a bathroom on time.

So back to "jumping into diapers". Yes, there are many steps in icon protection leading up to diapers. My pushing the diaper thing is to cut to the chase and stop the leaking and embarassment. Once we get to that point, the incon has found he can get on with life. I think that's the major accomplishment. Then, having found that life can go on, no one needs to know and it's not the end of the world, the now confident incon can explore lesser protection and work DOWN the list of incon products while realizing that he might be inviting a leak but knowing he can always go back to the product that was a proven commodity.

Now it will be a great bonus from a concealability issue to get away with wearing just a liner that sticks to your underpants! And, if and when the incon worsens, as it can do, that incon already knows the progression UP to more protective products.

Finally, and this gets to the diaper stigma thing again. The woman who enjoyed going out but gave it up confided to me one time that she tried an incontinent product and it didn't work, so she gave up on the whole thing and stopped going out. When I asked what she had tried, it was Poise pads, the little things you stick in your panties and hope the panties hold them in place well enough to catch the accident. Even tho she knew I was incon (and wore diapers) she absolutely would not wear a diaper and imposed home imprisonment on herself!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:50 am 
Well, we're not willingly "avoiding" the pads/liners and other products like this. Most people (site owner, people working on the primer and all) all seem to have incont issues to a certain degree. I think that for most of us, a small protection like that just isn't enough, so we don't really have much experience with them, and we don't even tend to think about them. If you have icont issues to a much lesser extent, perhaps it's a much better solution.

I'm hoping we'll be addind that to the site's contents, along with a lot more ideas we have. There's a lot more to cover, there's no doubts about it. I'm expecting we'll be doing some rather big changes to the main site in a near future. I can't elaborate on that too much yet, but it will come.

If there are some people who use "alternate" products like pads and such, if would be nice if you could contribute/share some of your experience or knowledge with us. I'm hoping to come up with an article (or perhaps new chapter for the primer?) about them sometime, but I got a couple other things to look after before that.

Stay tuned, there will be a LOT of changes, it's just a matter of when.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:46 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Well, we're not willingly "avoiding" the pads/liners and other products like this. Most people (site owner, people working on the primer and all) all seem to have incont issues to a certain degree. I think that for most of us, a small protection like that just isn't enough, so we don't really have much experience with them, and we don't even tend to think about them. If you have icont issues to a much lesser extent, perhaps it's a much better solution.

I'm hoping we'll be addind that to the site's contents, along with a lot more ideas we have. There's a lot more to cover, there's no doubts about it. I'm expecting we'll be doing some rather big changes to the main site in a near future. I can't elaborate on that too much yet, but it will come.

If there are some people who use "alternate" products like pads and such, if would be nice if you could contribute/share some of your experience or knowledge with us. I'm hoping to come up with an article (or perhaps new chapter for the primer?) about them sometime, but I got a couple other things to look after before that.

Stay tuned, there will be a LOT of changes, it's just a matter of when.

I am spanish 24 year old male. I´m bedwetter since I was born and a D/L too.

(edited for content by sysadmin)

But some people here must think that for being a d/l I can´t advice anybody of here, or that my visits here are for some dark sexual attraction, that my opinion doesn´t deserves to be posted here, or at least thats how I feel cause people like JoeK.

I don´t like or understand some ab and dl posts, cause this page isn´t of whom wear diapers for fun. but that doesn´mean that we are all the same kind of person. Please be respectful about us next time (because i am a dl), some of us don´t deserve to be treated that way.

Salutations

Post subject: posting
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:07 am 
I dont think the owners mind if you are a ab/dl as long as you do not post anything related to that lifestyle. While the owners are not a ab/dl im sure that they realize that that group may have something good to say that will help people deal with having incontinent issues.

Im sure that if anyone would post something related to the ab/dl lifestyle (or anything sexual) that the owners would either edit the post or delete it.

There are many people that have had to deal with having bladder or bowel issues that with everyones help we can make their lives better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:00 am 

Could I add to this discussion, leading for the first poster, that there are more ways of of dealing with incontinence that just absorbative products although these may seem the best choice to some. For men, for example there are external catheters (sheaths in the Uk) whcih drain into a leg bag. In a hot climate this might be much prefered to keep cool, and works well at night too.

Some of us use catheters for drainage, and whilst I understand this site cannot give advice on such medical things, if people know about more of the options, they have a better chance of making an informed choice of management and, perhaps, make this choice after discussing the matter with a doctor or urologist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:58 pm 
Admin

Hello

My use of caths is very limited. Being bladder and bowel incont, the use of caths just dont help for me. I do know that for people that are only bladder incont, the use of caths and a leg bag can be an option to help them.
They can be easier to deal with than having to carry extra diapers when away from home.

It is important for anyone that does have any form of incontinence to see their doctor.