www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:03 pm 

WetDad wrote:
I do a large bit of my interneting with an Android tablet. I notice that the forum software used here doesn't work well with any browser except IE. You may want to mention that on the sign up page- I tried using 4 different browsers before I could set up my account.

One thing I do use a lot is a forum reader known as Tapatalk. You might want to consider registering this forum with them, as the only incon forum they currently support is not really geared towards true ic folks.

Thank you for all of your efforts to make this forum exist.

I second this! I use a mobile phone for some things but forums like this are impossible without something like Tapatalk.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:04 pm 

diaperdan wrote:
How about a forum just on condom catheters? That way you can just go to it instead of searching for topics

Good idea, but make it one that covers all sort of catheters - urethral, supra-pubic, intermittent - to make sure everyone can find help easily.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:29 pm 

In my experience, handicapped accessible restrooms, for as grateful as I am to have them, nevertheless vary widely in cleanliness and convenience. The proliferation of camera phones could enable us to document both the good and the bad restrooms we have encountered. A file dedicated to this might just stimulate some needed improvements by shaming the folks who run the bad ones.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:44 pm 

Hello schoppy'
It would be fantastic if we could kinda organize the posts some.
Maybe have a section for reviews on diapers/pads and another on merchant reviews
And a section dedicated to intro posts where new members may share their initial stories, expectations, interests, etc similar to how most other forums work.
It would be absolutely fabulous if we could also have a like "journal/blog". That was something I found quite fun, helpful and interesting to follow in other support forums like for myptsd and adisc which I used to frequent before.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:29 am 

I hadn't heard of adisc, and after seeing it here in kdlstar's post, I thought it must be a special needs challenge. I then Google/Wiki'd it, and WOW! It's an AB/DL website. I'm not sure if that format would be good for the ISC forum. I think it would trash the forum's reputation (and function) as a trusted and useful resource for people living with incontinence, and also would adversely affect its family-like dynamic.

Wetters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:57 am 

Wetters
The adisc folks are a support community for not only abdl but also incontinent folks.
I understand many here may have reservations against abdl. But that does not mean we should ignore and trash many of the good ideas and features the site has. It would be a kind of ad hominem to disregard and dismiss good ideas just cause you may not like some in the community forum. If a gay community has a lot of good features on their website (especially standardized features) is it right that you blindly dismiss them smugly as a traditional "Christian/Muslim"?

An "introduction" section for instance tends to be a very standardized and helpful way of organizing newcomer posts and also welcoming them into a community
And when I have to search for new nappies, and plastic pants- I find it VERY helpful to have a review section dedicated to such topics- I am sure many here would agree the same thing.
Things like forum blogs are also very helpful for a support community to have. I would journal sometimes on myptsd when I was down and in a bad episode and it provides me a place I can reflect and sometimes receive support.

I have learned to grow tolerant of many others and quickly realized especially after my accident last year that no one is "normal", and practically everyone has various "kinks", "imperfections" and most importantly different preferences. Wetters The Adisc community has provided me a good amount of support especially in the beginning. It would be quite silly, rude and fallacious to haphazardly disregard such support.

Last edited by kdlstar on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:42 am 

One more point - probably the most important lesson to be learned from my car accident is the notion of humility. There is absolutely no sense in maintaining a blind sense of pride.
Before my accident and practically all my life I was able to control my bladder and maintain fairly regular bm. I could run, hop, walk and enjoy life. I used to be a bit sympathetic and empathetic for disabled people who could not walk or had to use diapers. But I didn't realize how much I took for granted until my urinary issues and walking became effected.
Shortly After my accident, I went to the er. I soon kinda noticed I was having a little bit of difficulty urinating then and my legs felt kinda weak and shaky along with a ton of other pain in my whole body. But I was far too prideful to really note those things and just ignored it- "I can piss fine! I can still stand and walk!" I would tell myself and I force and push myself- probably making matters worse as my pelvic floor become more tight, painful and dysfunctional.
Later, I became so unable to pee after a major panic attack that I had to face a humiliating catheterization at the er. Good thing was the gave me some pain meds. I cried that night after that. But I also started to really gain new perspective- purposefully pushing for answers, doing even more stretches and my pt exercises,therapy, counseling, tests, etc I soon learned to accept myself, my condition and whatever life throws, learning to manage it and accepting help from wherever it comes!
If I did not, I probably would have killed myself or gone berserk from how bad things were getting and I was feeling
Pride is absolutely worthless especially when it gets in the way of getting the help you need.
Wetters you and I are already in padding- and many others here. What in the world is the point of being prideful and refusing to see doctors, wear padding and get support for something you need- even if the support comes from somewhere with a "kink" side?

Point is, although I don't quite agree or find preferable with the lifestyle and kink of others or the abdl community, I will still gladly accept a helping hand or even clean nappy from them should an when I need it- at least I can be sure the napoy is pretty good!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:56 pm 

kdlstar wrote:
Wetters
The adisc folks are a support community for not only abdl but also incontinent folks.
I understand many here may have reservations against abdl. But that does not mean we should ignore and trash many of the good ideas and features the site has. It would be a kind of ad hominem to disregard and dismiss good ideas just cause you may not like some in the community forum. If a gay community has a lot of good features on their website (especially standardized features) is it right that you blindly dismiss them smugly as a traditional "Christian/Muslim"?

An "introduction" section for instance tends to be a very standardized and helpful way of organizing newcomer posts and also welcoming them into a community
And when I have to search for new nappies, and plastic pants- I find it VERY helpful to have a review section dedicated to such topics- I am sure many here would agree the same thing.
Things like forum blogs are also very helpful for a support community to have. I would journal sometimes on myptsd when I was down and in a bad episode and it provides me a place I can reflect and sometimes receive support.

I have learned to grow tolerant of many others and quickly realized especially after my accident last year that no one is "normal", and practically everyone has various "kinks", "imperfections" and most importantly different preferences. Wetters The Adisc community has provided me a good amount of support especially in the beginning. It would be quite silly, rude and fallacious to haphazardly disregard such support.

Not really. ADISC is pretty much a 100% fetish site FULL of people pretending to be incontinent. I'd guess 90% of the "incontinent" people there are simply not.

It's not even hard to tell. It's most teenagers who mix up the symptoms of the type of incontinence they're pretending to have with another type.