www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Forum bandwidth limits
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:55 pm 

So the site has been down quite a bit lately due to bandwidth limits.

I was wondering if this is because the site has been "hacked" and used for some sort of malfeasant purposes, or if this is a cost issue and the site is going over a free-level of use.

I would like to see if we users can help.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:51 pm 

It does seem rather odd that this has happened three months in a row; this never used to happen even when the site had much higher traffic than it does now. Clearly the admins have paid for more bandwidth because the site came back online in the middle of the month, but something is clearly wrong: either there is a DOS attack, or there is something wrong with the forum app because of a recent update or lack thereof.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:01 pm 

Quote:
In total there are 59 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 55 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)

I'm sure this site has seen this level of traffic before, but certainly there are several unregistered users reading this site.

It does make me wonder if the registration process is still working or do we simply have a lot of lurkers?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:59 am 

HumanFly wrote:
something is clearly wrong: either there is a DOS attack, or there is something wrong with the forum app because of a recent update or lack thereof.

That's what I was thinking. If it is a cost issue (perhaps a certain level of use use is free??), maybe we could raise some money to help. But I suspect some sort of misuses is draining the bandwidth, like hackers using the site for some sort of reflection attack.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:53 am 
Admin

Howdy yall

It's me, the friendly ghost hehe

I contacted the ISP that hosts our site and he found that someone had got something uploaded that shouldn't have, or shouldn't have been able to.
Nothing in our site or forum was hacked and everyones info is still secret. :-) :D :D

Schoppy

PS: Casper says Hi
hehe