www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pull on diapers
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:13 am 

I'd just like to add to Sandy's post, FWIW, is Medline made the absolute best pull on diaper (aka pull ups and underwear products) when they first appeared on the scene years ago....with absorbancy and protection well ahead of all the others.

And I think the underwear product has its place for those with urge incon and can make it to a toilet most of the time, thus keeping the pull on dry and available for the "just in case" situation. They aren't good for those who will get them wet and need to change while out and about because of the need to remove clothing, especially shoes, to pull a new diaper on.

But even for those of us who wet all the time, a pull on is a great convenience for short outings to the doctors office and a good pull on will provide good protection for perhaps 4-6 hours! While Medline made the best at first, I feel the best now is the Abena Abri-Flex M3. I wear medium and 3 is the maximum absorbancy.

Post subject: Re: Pull on diapers
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:05 pm 

I only use to use the cloth pull ups at night with a few stuffers :wink: For day use never! to much of a pain. But then I'm not one who wears for a just in case moment. Without my diapers both my shoes would be full of pee within a matter of a few hours :lol:
..................................Sandy :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:49 pm 

My wife is what we like to call "accident prone". Sneezing/coughing/laughing will cause leakage and when she has to go she has to go right now, so she has taken to wearing pullups during the daytime for added protection. She actually prefers the Depend refastenable pullups as they are very discreet and offer enough protection to keep her pants dry. They are also pretty inexpensive and can be found at most any general goods store. I know a lot of people say Depend is junk, but these do the job quite well.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:14 pm 
Admin

For what they cost, on sale, they are the easiest to buy for myself as well, and can handle any accident I have thrown at them yet, not entirely leakproof, but cover 99 % of it anyhow, enough to get out of a jam, as they are there for the just-in-case factor for me too, mostly at work. Any more pressing needs I upgrade to a better product, but for when I use them, they works quite well, much cheaper and preform better then the Tena for Men I used in the past too, Puffy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:44 pm 

In my experience so far, Abena Abriflex and Tranquility are the best disposable pull ups for those with unpredictable, sometimes gushing urges. Most of the time, either will also get me through first-thing-in the-morning full bladder urges, which tend to be the worst time for me, though not always. I would actually prefer cloth for that purpose, allowing me to save the expensive disposables for many hours out and about, but still am working out the best cloth/cover pant combinations.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:54 pm 

Oh, btw, Sandy and other women, with cloth pull ups, do stuffers (either disposable or reusable) have to be pinned or do disposable inserts have adhesive like menstrual products? Still relatively new at cloth, but would like to get a few more soon and must use pull ups as I am only partially and unpredictably incon and don't have the dexterity for pins and other fasteners. Male readers are welcome to reply too if you can be helpful, but specified women in case it's relevant.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:08 pm 

Some disposable stuffers have adhesive strips, some rely on the snugness of the diaper itself to keep them in place. Different strokes for different folks, depends on what you prefer.

Personally I am not a fan of stuffing in any way. I find that stuffers always make my diapers leak out the leg holes before the padding has reached capacity. I've got some pretty thick protection and if that isn't enough I'll just change more often... helps minimize skin exposure to urine too.