www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Attends
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:16 pm 

With all the talk about high end diapers I thought I'd put a plug in for a more middle of the road diaper. While I also wear lots of the Abena and Molicare diapers I still like to wear my old stand by Attends with the waistband. For me they are by far one of the best fitting diapers I've ever worn. Granted they aren't the most absorbent diaper but that's where boosters come in. I've been along time user of the tranquility full contour boosters. But I've also been using alot of full length hour glass shape shields as boosters. Just poke a bunch of holes in the backing and they work great. You can often get a case of shield cheap on Ebay. I bought several cases this last summer for less then $30.00 a case shipping included. The ones I liked the best were from Medline. Yes believe it or not Med line does make at least on good incontinent product :shock:
Anyway that's my two cents :wink: Whats your two cents :?:
.....................Sandy :)

Post subject: Re: Attends
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:53 pm 

I used Attends a lot when I was younger... they were a really good diaper at one time. But with all the changes made to them over the past few years they are at the bottom of my list now. You pretty much have to stuff them to get any decent kind of capacity and I'm not a really big fan of stuffing disposables. IMO it just adds complication and is more... stuff... to carry around. I've been sticking with Abena almost exclusively as of late, their level 3 (Extra) diapers are great for active daytime use... a lot of capacity without a lot of bulk, perfect for if I am out and about somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:06 pm 

I'm sorta lucky I don't have to carry my stuff around. I work at home and when out and about I keep my van well stocked. So when the need to change arrives I just slip out to my van :mrgreen: ..............................Sandy :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:19 am 

I am using the new Attends overnight. It holds 59ml which is better than the Molicare. I been using them for three weeks now for sleeping and I haven't had a leak yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:59 am 

The Attends Active Slips hold a remarkable amount (<=3000ml). They start out small but the polyacrylate inside them hold them very firm. Absorbency is useless if the diaper falls apart. The Abena Abri Form hold a lot but don't hold their shape, their pulp just crumbles. I haven't tried the new Attends briefs(diapers), however I'm supposed to receive some samples in the mail soon.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:20 pm 

I must agree that the Attends with waistband are a very good fitting diaper and I use to use them a lot when the VA would send them to me. I have so many cases of these things it's crazy but I prefer an extended wear diaper. I do totally agree that the Attends with waistband and a booster pad is a great combo. I always thought that they fit me so much like regular underwear!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:52 pm 

I find the attends to leak. I have not tried the overnights though

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:39 pm 

ironhorse wrote:
I find the attends to leak. I have not tried the overnights though

Same here the ones I bought from Ebay are very poor compared with the equivlent Tena products I normally use. I am considering trying some terry nappies and plastic pants at night. I always wore them as a kid when I constantly wet the bed and they always kept the bed dry.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:20 am 

ST50, They still keep the bed dry and will save you buying 365 diapers a year and over $400 buying them. Papa