www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:42 pm 
Admin

Hello everyone, I have just noticed that Tena diapers are following the A/B market, so it seems :o . They have a "Stretch" version of the "Super" diaper I use primarily during the day on outings that I have never seen, it may be new, or I have just never found it. http://www.tena.ca/english/general/prod ... tch-super/
It has the single fastener tab, like the AB Universe diaper that everyone raves about being so much easier and comfortable. I have looked at all the local pharmacies in town, none have them, and am not in need of purchasing any supplies just yet, but I am going to see if my local Rexall can get them in for me, and at what cost compared to the regular two tab ones I usually buy.
Has anyone else that uses Tena product even seen these or better yet, used them? I have seen the Tena Flex around, but don't like the strap that secures it around the waist, if it gets wet it wicks to your clothing. Looks like it may be an improvement it both fit and comfort, will have to see. I have emailed the Tena site, have yet to hear back from them yet. Looking for any imput from the group on feedback on these, I am guessing they have been available overseas for a while, and just starting to get into the product line in N. America. 8) Puffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:13 pm 

It looks like that might be a good option if they ever sell them in the states. It's a real shame that so few good products are available in the states because of the healthcare laws.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:35 am 

I have used Tena products in the past, before they went the all cloth covered route.

Cloth covered disposables sag over time (fabric stretches), seep moisture through the outer cover (porous material) and smell pretty bad when wet (if air can get it, air can get out). So I stay away from them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:51 pm 
Admin

My experience with cloth backed diapers is similiar to Puddleguys. They feel really wet on the outside when they get wet. It feels like the porous material leaks urine to the outside of the diaper. Also, the cloth-like backing rubs against my legs and I get a terrible diaper rash on my inner thigh. And like puddleguy said, they also smell worse of urine. These are the reasons I stick to diapers with the plastic backing. No wet feeling, no diaper rash, and no odor that I can tell. What is the big deal between one and two tabbed diapers? I just don't see where there would be that much difference. I think my two tabbed abena's are very comfortable. I really don't feel like I have one on. I guess I've just got used to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:27 pm 
Admin

Thankfully, I am not in them when I go out for more then 2-4 hours, so I don't really notice any wetness leaking through, I rarely get to that point as long as I don't go drink a lake or anything. Into a legbag and external cath if I am out all day or travelling, so much easier for me. I am guessing that is also the reason I have not suffered from any chaffing or soreness on my legs, not doing any great amount of walking and such, may be worse if I was in them longer. They are ample diaper for my outings and aboutings, no need to drop more money on mail order items, :) Puffy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:16 pm 
Admin

Well, after some researcdhing and inquiries, I found out I can get them ordered in, but at a much higher price then the regular ones I am in with the two seperate tabs, so no use in trying them for the mark-up in price, still can't figure that one out! :shock: I can order them online cheaper, so if I really wanted to, that would be the way to go. Oh well, worth a shot anyhow, :wink: Puffy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:29 am 

I actually tried a sample of these awhile back. They've been around for a few years. They were pretty comfortable as I recall, but were prone to leaks when sitting because of the cut and open sides. They reminded me more of a belted undergarment than a fitted brief (diaper). IMO you are probably better off sticking with your tape-ons (depending on the severity of your urinary incon)

-Darin