www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wellness Brief
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:39 am 

I have been impressed with Abena X-Plus since discovering them some time ago when I used to rely on Tranqulity ATNs.

I should mention that I first experienced good European diapers back in the 1990's when I travelled to Ireland and England. I could not believe how much better a Tena Slip Maxi was in comparison with anything we had available in the States. So nice that all that has changed with the importing of decent European diapers.

I thought Abena X-Plus was the best and it has been, for a long time. But I am always open to experimenting to see if something better has developed. I think Dry 24-7, Molicare, Euro Diaper, Tena Super, Attends Extended Wear, Bambino all have their following and all are certainly "decent" diapers.

I must say I like the six tape fit of the Attends and with a booster pad, it performs as well and for as long as an Abena X-Plus for me. I have never been impressed with Abena's tapes!

But it was the NASA side to the Wellness Brief that attracted my attention and the fact that the diaper is intended for extended wear, saving money in changes even tho the unit cost of the diaper is high, the cost per day is lower than other diapers that get changed more often to prevent leakage.

So I got a case to try from www.magicmedical.com and so far I am impressed. I am wearing the Wellness brief un-boosted and getting a full days use, just as if I were wearing cotton diapers.

As a bonus, it is more comfortable in the blasted heat we have been having all across the country. A cloth diaper is only "comfortable" in the heat if you can keep it up....no sag. and that's very hard to do towards the end of the day when it is wet and heavy. the tape on Wellness Brief has strong tapes that you can tape snugly and they do an excellent job of keeping the diaper up and snug in the crotch, even as it gets heavy. So without a diaper slung between your legs chaffing away in the heat, I find I can be very comfortable in the heat, with this diaper for extended wear.

I'd recommend it for anyone looking to try something new and different. The tapes are especially impressive for getting that snug fit that stays put all day long and does not evolve into the droppy crotch that is uncomfortable and prompts a change, even when the diaper may still have capacity left and worst, when changing is not convenient and so I have to live with the discomfort of the droppy crotch diaper. That hasn't happened yet with these Wellness Briefs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:04 am 

JoeK,

The Wellness brief is another very good product on the market. If you like The Abena XPlus M4 diaper, try the Abena Extra M3. Like you, and so many others I'm in search of the perfect diaper whatever that means. I guess I like to try different diapers just to make certain I really am happy with the diaper I'm using. I've had some problems with the Wellness brief spilting in the back and falling apart. I was weraing plastic pants at the time so things weren't all that bad. I like to wear some thing just to support the diaper and keep it from sagging. I HATE diaper butt, but I dislike leaks even more so wearing plastic pants helpt to prevent both.

I like the fit of the Abena products, and I've been using the Abena XPlus M4 for a long time. In error, I received a package of the Abena Extra M3 a few months ago, and to my surprise, I found this to be a very good diaper for day time use so I've been using this diaper in lieu of the XPlus M4 for day wear. When it comes to extended wear,.....I still like the Abena XPlus M4 the best.

Post subject: wellness brief
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:28 am 

Hello,

Been awhile since I posted, since I was on vacation.

I too have had pretty good luck with the new Wellness brief. They have fixed the problems with the splitting in the back. The new model appears to have stronger plastic for the backsheet. The small/medium are also cut a bit more generous, so they don't fit as tightly as they used to. In the old model I used to fall between the small/medium and the large.

If folks are interested in ordering a case, they have a special going on right now for 20% off if you use the code "Save" at checkout. Saves you about $16 :)

-Darin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:49 pm 
Admin

I've never tried the wellness briefs. If they are as good as you say they are Joe, then I may try them. I wear abena Extra and Xplus provided by the VA. They are free so I don't have a whole lot of incentive to try anything else. But I am curious about the wellness brief. I generally don't have too much of a problem with the Abena tapes. I can unfasten and refasten them a few times before they are useless. And by time they become useless, I have wet them and its time to change. So the fact that I have taken them off and put them back on a couple times is moot. I do like the Abena's though. I find them to be of the utmost quality and I've made it through alot of sticky situations with them. But I will look up the wellness breifs. I am curious about them. Thanks for the heads up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:19 am 

I've tried the Wellness products. They're pretty good. The look and feel of them is a bit on the institutional side for my tastes though. I'll stick with Abena.