www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:05 pm 
Admin

With all of the different types of cloth diapers, what do you feel is the best type and why?

What material is best or worse?
IE: flannel, Birdseye, gauze or other?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:35 pm 
Admin

I tried Leakmaster all in ones. They were the masters of leaks alright. LOL. They leaked right out the top of the diaper when I was laying down. I'd wake up and there would be a wet spot around my mid section. So I started wearing plastic pants over them. I looked silly in them too. My wife got a kick out of how I looked in them. I felt rediculous.

I also tried the flannel prefolds from adult cloth diaper. I would wet in these once during the night and they would hold. Then when I wake up, I would usually wet in them a second time while getting out of bed and trying to make it to the bathroom to take it off. I would end up with a puddle of pee in the plastic pants because the diaper wouldn't hold any more urine. This was after one wetting and they were the thickest nighttime diaper. And they really smelled bad. I couldn't take the smell and gave up on cloth diapers. They just weren't for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:05 pm 

I read once that gauze is the best at absorbing followed by birdseye weave and then flannel. Gauze diapers are usually the highest priced. I also read that birdseye is the least linting cotton weave which makes them last a little longer. I use all three and see little difference between gauze and birdseye. Flannel is more comfortable but a little slower to wick/absorb probably due to the tighter weave of the fabric.