www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: ABUniverse diaper!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:05 pm 

Papa, that is quite possibly the most backward view of technological progress I have ever heard. I guess you still hitch up your wagon to ol' Nelly and trot into town every morning. No? I bet you've got a car... that spews noxious fumes into the atmosphere. Even if you've got one of those fancy new electric glorified golf carts guess where your electricity comes from... a power plant burning coal or natural gas. It all pollutes the environment. The washer and dryer you use for your cloth diapers, they consume power too... and heaven forbid if you aren't using 100% natural detergent.

Please don't be a hypocrite by condemning disposable users for ruining the environment. You are as much a participant in it as anyone else is.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:23 pm 

The ABU super dry kids (SDK) diaper is very comfortable with the one tape design and very absorbent along with containing a large BM (the standing leak guards work well). While I don't really care what is printed on my diaper as long as it works well and cost effective, others do care. I certainly would feel embarrassed if anyone that knows of my incontinence saw baby prints on my diapers. I've talked to the people at ABU and asked if they would make them in white only. They said that aren't thinking of doing that. I mentioned that many incontinent folk would benefit in their products but are put off by their babyish prints. Many of us were shamed early in life by being thought of or called babies because they had accidents.
But I have to say I've opted for the actually superior Dry 24/7. They are very comfortable and very absorbent with the same leakage protection and enough absorbent material on the sides to thwart leaks for side sleeping. They have contained very large BMs even if I'm out and about and I can't change right away.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:15 pm 

I tried the ABU design, the one-tape thing, for a month. They did not hold an entire night's worth of wetting very well. Had more problems with them leaking. Pretty comfortable, I like the fit better than two-tape diapers. For now though I'm back in Bambino diapers. They make an all-white version. I bounce between that and the Teddy version when my self-consciousness gets to me. The Teddy has a bit more polymer in it, I think, because it seems to do a better job of absorption and keeping wetness away from my skin. I still don't like having baby prints on my diapers, though. Since it's only at night, I guess I can just deal with it.

I've recently stopped using the X-Plus because it seems to have terrible odor neutralization. And because of the company's gimmicks with supposedly stopping the plastic-backed line and switching to cloth-backed only, only to reverse at the last moment. I don't like being toyed with like that, it is not a very nice way to treat your customers.

Post subject: sizing on the ABU
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:40 pm 

Ok, I went out on a limb and ordered a sample pack from ABU. I'm always on the lookout for better protection options, i dont care what's on the diaper.. Just a quick observation.. i tried on the cushies with the cloth like cover..and the medium seems a bit too small.. and i usually wear medium across the board when it comes to diapers..but it seems a bit snug, and the right tape started to separate from the backsheet.. Has anyone else who tried these noticed the sizing to be a bit off??

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7