www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Durable AIO
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:02 pm 

I was looking around for a durable AIO and came across a couple of possibilities. Has anyone had any experience with the Priva Ultra fit brief or the Medline Ibex Super Fitted Briefs? If so how is the absorbency, fit and wear? Thanks. Steve

Post subject: Durable AIO
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:06 pm 
Admin

Hey Steve, I have a couple of pair of the Priva AIO in the supply drawer, but only have used them as a cover pant, I never really liked them by themselves and it was one of the first i got for night time problems. Snaps came undone in the middle of the night, leaks at top, back and leg gathers, and not a good fit on me. The second one you listed I have never seen, but they look like a decend AIO unit. Snug at the top and legs is obviously a must. I did buy one of the AIO units from Gabby's, and I like it except for the inner liner, is is only fastened at the front and rear top edges, but did not have any really bad leak problems and lots of room to add a liner or two, although I still used a coverpant. The Kins cloth diapers I use now need the coverpant, they do not have the waterproof outer shell, but if they did, I would lean towards those, I really like them as they are all sewn together inside and just feel like really thick underwear, so much more dignified, just ordered 2 more pair yesterday. I use a BIG coverpant with them as I want adequate coverage for any potential leak spots, and so far, they are the answer... I may look at their AIO for travel in the future, but the one from Gabby's is a solid well made diaper too... good luck on the search, :) Puffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:11 pm 

Thanks for the reply Puffy. I had tried Privia a long time ago and had the same experience you did. Not much point in an AIO if you gotta use a cover pant. The new Privas looked different though.

I ordered and received the other Super Fitted Reusable Briefs (Heavy) and was disappointed. This is the review I left for the supplier: "I received the order. Thanks for the fast shipping. I was disappointed in the product though. The size runs very small. I have a 36” waist and they barely fit. They certainly would not fit a 42” waist. They are also a long way from having heavy absorbency. Not much material in the brief. The leg bands absorb moisture and cause leaks too. One small incontinent episode and within 5 min they were leaking. I would not recommend this product. "

It is hard to beat plain cloth prefold and a high back cover pant. It would be nice to have a good AIO available though. Thanks again. Steve

Post subject: Durable AIO cloth
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:25 pm 
Admin

No problem Steve, I used the Gabby AIO I have last night just to give me a better idea how it does and with a couple cotton stuffers, I had more then enough coverage for the entire night, and no leak issues. Very well put together, you may want to have a look at those instead. I have a 32" waist, and the Medium is a bit big, but still snug enough at the legs and waist to be secure for leak protection. I prefer some room to add liners anyhow so it works great in that regard. I believe it was around $35 for the heavy night one I got. Considering that is 1 bag of disposables, worth the $ in my opinion, it should last several years at least. I have not looked at the new Priva AIO, did not even know they changed their product from what I bought years ago, but seeing how well it did not perform, they had to do something! :) Puffy