www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:50 am 

There is a new company called Butterfly Health that is supposed to have a new product designed for otherwise healthy and active people who suffer from bowel incontinence. I googled for them and it looks like they don't even have their own site, but they come up in many respectable sites. I would try to find out more about this.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:51 pm 

Vandel,

It looks like the Butterfly Health product will be effective only for the slightest of leaks, not even what I would call mild incontinence. Of course, the nature of the product is such that it will not contain odor. I would guess that it will be one step better than a panty liner (and yes, during my early days of incontinence, before it became more severe, I did wear my wife's panty liners, so I guess I am qualified to venture an opinion). :oops: Potential users may include males who are too embarrassed to buy panty liners in a store.

I used a similar product before my fecal incontence became more severe and found it to be better than nothing, but not reliably effective. I will be interested to read some first-hand accounts from users.

--John